Saturday, August 10, 2013

What is the best laptop for me to make an investment in?

best value laptops for college
 on Alumni Of Marshall College And Of Franklin And Marshall College ...
best value laptops for college image
Q. I am taking on line classes for college this semester. I need to be able to safe files as ptf and in word as well to send to my professors.


Answer
Computers are like cars, they depreciate in value as soon as you leave the store. They're not investments.

Now, with that being said, any brand of laptop should do, just check out their failure rate and customer support first. Get the one with the most features you can afford, because laptops can't be easily upgraded like desktops.

Definitely get a dual core processor; stay away from Celerons (not enough power). I'd stick with a laptop with XP instead of Vista, since support is very limited right now. Most manufacturers will give you an upgrade ticket for a free Vista upgrade anyway.

Can's stress this enough --- GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!
Remember, you'll keep this for years, so make sure you protect it with the warranty as laptops are more prone to problems than desktops.

I recommend Dell, Gateway, Sony, or HP/Compaq

Should I buy a MacBook or MacBook Pro for college?




Will


I need a laptop for college, and am trying to figure out which one to get. Besides their exteriors, there doesn't seem to be a very big difference between the two (just a little more CPU and DDR3 instead of DDR2). Would it be worth the extra cost for the MacBook Pro?

Which one would be the best overall mix of performance and value?

Thank you so much for your help!



Answer
As someone who is in college and has a PowerBook G4, I'd say unless you're going to art school or majoring in art or graphic design, you're better off with a PC, especially if you're planning to be using Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, since you'd have to buy Microsoft Office separately from the laptop. My mac is on it's 3rd year and everything runs fine- however, the physical computer itself is starting to wear down, like issues with the fan and overheating.

If you're deadset on a Mac for school, I think a MacBook would serve you just fine-- unless, of course, you're doing graphics-heavy or movie-editing stuff. Then you might want to go with a MacBook Pro. But if you're just writing papers, surfing the web, using AIM, etc, a MacBook would be fine.

Also, Aaron- my old Powerbook G4 does that same touchpad thing. So that might be applicable to all mac laptops...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for me to make an investment in?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment