Thursday, August 8, 2013

Where can I download a free trial of Microsoft word?

best college student laptops of 2010
 on HP ProBook 5330m LJ463UT Laptop Computer - Intel Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz ...
best college student laptops of 2010 image



Diva L


I downloaded the trial from Microsoft.com for 60 days but of course it expired. So, now I need to download it again because I am a college student and really need it to type papers. How can I download it again without it acknowledging that I've had it installed on my laptop before if I've already erased it? Is there another website to get a free trial from?


Answer
Microsoft is pretty good at thwarting people attempting to circumvent the trial periods. They offer a student discount for their Office University 2010 suite.

There are some comparable alternatives such as LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org which are free to download, install, and use.

What laptop should I get for college?




Lisa


I was leaning toward the macbooks because that is what I thought everyone gets. But they aren't cheap! If it is really the best choice out there then I am all for spending the money. Just thought I would ask if it is really the best laptop out there or if there are any other models that are good for a college student.
Note: I have a lot of music and some editing software so it hasn't to be a decent machine.
Thanks!



Answer
I just gave this answer to another person asking the question so I'm paste most of it for you. If you look at the 4 year cost of your laptop, the Mac will most likely cost the same or be a tad cheaper. Of the circle of friends that my kids had, most with $5-700 PCs bought from Best Buy/Staples were dead in 18-24 months.

A couple of things I would suggest. First is screen size. Small is nice , but your best option of balance and usability is a 15" screen.

Next buy a RELIABLE laptop. Going to and from class etc. a laptop takes a beating. Here's the last reliability report from PC World. Top 4 are Apple, Samsung, ASUS, Toshiba (though I'm not sure about Samsung as they were 6th in 2010 - http://www.pcworld.com/article/244419/la⦠). My choice Apple or ASUS that cost at least $700.

Avoid i3 processors; opt for at least an i5. Not sure what the AMD version of the i5s and i7s are. They are too slow even for non-intensive tasks.

Have 3 college kids with Apple MacBook PROS/MS Office and none of them had problems. Hardest used MBP had to have its keyboard replaced in year 4. The other 2 laptops are running fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I download a free trial of Microsoft word?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment