Thursday, August 8, 2013

What is a decent gaming computer and for school work under 500, but prefer 400 dollars?

best laptop for student under 500
 on ... laptop 1368 toshiba laptop computer 1361 ibm laptop parts 1325 laptop
best laptop for student under 500 image



Andrew


I am looking for a new laptop and on a college students budget unforchantly lol.
I play online games such as minecraft and perfect world and maybe thinking about diablo III, i just want one that will run decently without over heating. Thank you, any ideas will be helpful.



Answer
Here's a great laptop for the price (400): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Inspiron-17R-7110-17-3-Intel-i3-2-10-GHz-GT-525M-6-GB-500-GB-Black-/170926619349?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item27cc053ad5
Please note all computers are from ebay, only way you'll get what you want.

It has a GT525m gpu (better than integrated) and a i3 2310m (good). It is used but in good condition. I'm not personally selling it but the seller has 100% positive feedback (great). I highly recommend this buy, it's a great deal.

The first Dell is ancient? It's still being sold from Dell.

And I know in most cases it's a bad idea however this gpu is known to overclock well and isn't hot.

I would never recommend overclocking a laptop in any way unless I knew the cooling was adequate. My friend owns the second laptop listed, I know what I'm talking about. His is actually slower than the one listed.

This might be able to do what you need: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-D830-2-5GHz-T9300-Quadro-NVS-140M-256MB-500GB-4GB-WUXGA-DVDRW-XP-/220904096021?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item336ee90115

It's really good for the money, I recommend overclocking the GPU though (the 140 is known for overclocking well, just don't go crazy).

I'd personally overclock it to these levels:
Core 475mhz
Ram 700mhz IF the ram is at 600mhz already
Shader 950

To overclock you'll need an overclocking tool but you can easily find that online.

If things get glitchy after overclocking just lower the clock speeds 5mhz at a time still it's stable.

If you don't care about screen size then this would perform better but with a smaller screen:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-E6400-Intel-C2D-P8700-2-53Ghz-250GB-4GB-Nvidia-NVS-160M-Win-7-Pro-/281001209877?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item416cfa301

Andy clearly doesn't understand what "under 500" means hahaha. I know the laptops I listed weren't the best but they are great computers for the price. The people that disliked probably have Core i7 laptops that couldn't even comprehend having a Core 2 Duo in their system despite it being a decent processor. Ignore the dislikes, please. I know what I'm talking about, if you wanted a $520 laptop I would suggest something different but that wasn't what you wanted. Maybe if people READ what you wanted they wouldn't be giving me thumbs downs.

What type of laptop is suitable for a college student?




ayemates


I need a laptop that is mainly used for Internet and for doing projects with Powerpoint or Word and such like that. Preferably under $500? I was thinking about getting an Acer, but which one?

Thanks. (:



Answer
just about anything you get will do that. just make sure you have a dual core processor, 2gb of memory, and at least a 250gb hard drive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a decent gaming computer and for school work under 500, but prefer 400 dollars?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment