Thursday, August 22, 2013

What is the best laptop for a college student?

best laptops for college mac
 on donna modelo medellin
best laptops for college mac image



Sleepy


I'm looking for a laptop for college. I want to take it to school. I go to Metro State. It's a commuter campus so I take the light rail. I want to write papers on it, I would like Microsoft Works. And I also want to put pictures and music.
What type of computer is better? Dell? HP? Apple? etc..
What should I look for when purchasing a laptop?
I want it to last all 4 years and even into grad school.
It must be affordable but quality is more important.
What do you recommend?
THanks!



Answer
Well, I'm also a metro rider. I went with a used Dell D-400. Got it off ebay and it has 1G ram, decent processor, burner, case, etc. total price was $260 (including shipping). The key is that it has a 12.1 inch screen so it fits easy on the lap while riding. Also lasts about 2 hours on battery.

So my suggestion would be a used dell if you want to be under $400 or so. New small laptops are $1,200+. MAC of course is good but expensive. The thing with Dell is there is always a ton of parts available for them should you have a problem or break it. Now, XP is not sold any longer as an operating system but is still widely used. I don't care for Vista and I'm not even sure if my laptop would run it. But I do basic spreadsheets and word docs, surf internet and maybe burn music with it. So even though xp may not be used in the next 4 years, I'll be fine. People still can get by usign Windows 98!

Just be very careful if buying a laptop off of ebay. Pay attention to seller feedback!

Good luck.

ps - as for HP, I did look at them as well, but they don't seem to hold up as much and the small ones are really expensive. My company has 1000's of dells in service with minimal problems.

What should I look for in a laptop for college?







I need the cheapest best quality laptop for college. I have no clue what for look for in computers. What do I need to know before buying???


Answer
A lot of students have mac books but they are so overpriced. Any laptop should do for college unless you plan on playing video games on it. Your main focus should be on battery life, screen size and operating system. Battery life is big if you plan on bringing it to class or doing work in the library (if there are no outlets there). Screen size, this might be just me, but i can't stand looking at computers with a screen size of 15' or lower. And yes i do know you will get better battery life will a small screen so i would get a laptop with a 15.6' screen. Operating system should be windows 7 home, vista is buggy and most of the computers in your college probably have it as well. Stay away from refurbished laptops they may be cheaper but having your laptop dieing on you while your on campus is the worst. I would stick to the main brands: Toshiba, HP, Sony, Samsung, Gateway. Shop around there are a lot of good deals online, you don't just have to go to stores like BestBuy. Newegg.com and Amazon.com usually have some good deals.

One other thing to look at... if you can i would hold off buying a laptop until Microsoft Office 2010 comes out (June) because there will probably be deals involving the purchasing of a laptop and receiving a discount on MS office




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment