Saturday, August 24, 2013

Where can I download a free trial of Microsoft word?

best laptop for a college student 2010
 on Marco Barrientos Hosanna
best laptop for a college student 2010 image



Diva L


I downloaded the trial from Microsoft.com for 60 days but of course it expired. So, now I need to download it again because I am a college student and really need it to type papers. How can I download it again without it acknowledging that I've had it installed on my laptop before if I've already erased it? Is there another website to get a free trial from?


Answer
Microsoft is pretty good at thwarting people attempting to circumvent the trial periods. They offer a student discount for their Office University 2010 suite.

There are some comparable alternatives such as LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org which are free to download, install, and use.

What is the best labtop for a college student?




Ema


i need a laptop that has a ton of memory, is fast, durable and not extremely expensive. i definately dont want an ipad and im thinking anything from apple is a no go. The labtop also has to have microsoft office


Answer
Any decent mainline brand will be fine.

I like Toshiba's, I've a Satellite P205 - which may be a bit big to lug around - and a Satellite M115. Both are now several years old, but still running great. At work I use a Dell Latitude E6410 and that's good too - but it should be, it's got an i7 in it.

I always feel weird buying a new computer, even weirder when buying the bits to build my own, as it's quite an investment, you also know that within a month there will be something better, faster or cheaper around. Shop around, see what deals are available and get the best you can afford.

One other thing, and this really does depend on how you feel and how much time you want to spend, sometimes it's cheaper to upgrade the hard drive and memory in a laptop yourself, rather than let the store/manufacturer do it. If you go this route then Newegg - http://www.newegg.com/ - is always my first choice of suppliers.

Apple do make good computers, it's just that they are a bit more expensive than other computers.

I don't think there are many laptops that come with MS Office as standard - they usually come with the trial version. However, as a college student you will qualify for discount. The university I work at gives all student, staff and faculty a copy of MS Office 2010 for free. A nearby college sells it to their students for $11. Even if the college do not offer this then Microsoft themselves do, just not quite so cheap - http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/office/default.aspx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I download a free trial of Microsoft word?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment