Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What is the best laptop for a first year college student?

best laptops for freshmen college students
 on Depression College Students
best laptops for freshmen college students image



Steph


I will be starting college this fall and I am laptop shopping before fall kicks in and I have no idea what is good when it comes to laptops since my entire life I have owned home computers (PC), currently I have an HP, so I want to get an HP laptop too since they are very easy to handle. No Macs! lol So this is my question, are their laptops reliable? For a multitasking college student? Help please, thanks :-)


Answer
everyone in college will have a mac book pro. i got a pc my freshman year and regretted it. no matter what brand, buy a small one so you can take it to class easily

What is the best laptop for a new freshman college student to get?




elizabeth


I'm looking around for some laptops that will be good to use in college- one that isn't too heavy, has fast and easy features, a webcam built in to chat with friends and family. Up to $1000 is probably my budget.


Answer
Hey,

I think I can really help you out. I've been making similar decisions lately.

I recommend Lenovo. Why? They have been voted several times as the best PC manufacturer for Windows-based laptops.

The most important thing to decide if is if you want a dedicated graphics card. This will allow you to play games on the computer. If not, you can get something called an Integrated Graphics Card which will still let you browse, watch movies etc. all the normal things.

Laptops great for dedicated graphics:

Lenovo IdeaPad U400 (Very light and stylish design)
Lenovo Y460p (For better performance during games, also a bit heavier)

These laptops have features that make them rock-solid (spill-proof and works after being accidentally dropped):

Lenovo Thinkpad T420

Laptop with integrated graphics:

Lenovo U260

Most have webcams, but you can easily purchase an external webcam if they don't. Plus an external webcam generally has higher video quality.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for a first year college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment