Sunday, August 11, 2013

What laptop is best for college student?

best laptops for college students and gaming
 on ... Updates Laptop Lines  P-Series, M-Series and T-Series Laptops
best laptops for college students and gaming image



Barkley Ho


My niece is going off to college and has asked what laptop computer would be best for a college student. It will only be used to access the internet and do word processing. No intensive graphic games.

My laptop is three years old so I do not have any opinion on current models. Anyone have advice based on experience?



Answer
Well if you are looking for a lower price, I would say that you go for a Dell (especially since it would only be used for Word and the internet...why spend more when youre using it for the basics?). My cousin (who is in college) has a Dell laptop, however she and my grandma (who also has a Dell laptop) both have had to take theirs into the shop about 2 or 3 times now to fix it.
My other cousin and I (we're both in college too) have Gateway laptops - they are a bit more expensive (but thats because we have a lot of music and write lots of papers for our majors so we need a lot more storage space). His laptop has been holdin up for about 3 years now without a single complaint, and I can say the same for mine too.
So, my reccomendations would be (of course) Dell and Gateway for lower prices, but you could also check out Acers and HP Compaqs (my friends have these and they love them - but they are much more expensive).
I would suggest that your niece get at least 1GB of storage because with the college workload, she will be saving a lot of work regardless of what her major is. Most models nowadays come with a wireless internet card but just make sure her does come with one as most campuses are wireless.
Also, have her go to stores in your neighbourhood where refurbished laptops are sold - most of the refurbished laptops for sale are brand new and are essentially surplus (therefore you will be getting a brand new perfect laptop for half of the cost or more). Thats what I did and I got mine with the warranty for $700

What percentage of college students use their laptops to take notes during classes?




WR


I'm doing some research regarding note taking for college students. It's been about 6 years since I graduated and almost no one was using a laptop for note taking when I was in school.


Answer
Out of classes of approximately 300 people at UW-Madison, I'd rarely see more than 1-2 people...if even that...most classes don't have anyone typing. It may be because I was a science major and it is difficult to get equations into your comptuer fast, but in many humanities courses I took I saw the same result.

Top reasons:
1) Not faster than writing for many subjects
2) No outlets...if your battery only lasts 2 hours you can't take if to every class if you're that sort of person
3) Tiny cramped lecture halls where it barely fits on the table
4) 299 people annoyed by the sound of you typing, or watching you play a game/check your e-mail




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What laptop is best for college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment:

  1. Great article ...Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.
    Laptops for college

    ReplyDelete