Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What type of laptop should I buy?

best laptop for college courses
 on How to use the
best laptop for college courses image



guardiangi


I am a student who is going to take college courses online. I also enjoy listening to Itunes and playing movies on my computer, and I would need a laptop that is durable for travel overseas if I get deployed.
Which types are the most durable or longest lasting? I had a Dell Inspiron 6000 for 3 years before the motherboard fried and made it unusable. I appreciate your helpful input on these questions.



Answer
I have recently purchased a Dell Studio 1735. I really like it; it has a 17' monitor and a full keyboard & has intel core 2 duo so it's really fast. The only drawback is having to learn Vista. Also, it has a finger reader so I feel that makes it safer for travel.

Good Luck!

How to reinstall OS on a Macbook?




Christophe


Hello,

I got an old Macbook from a friend and want to reinstall the OS and start fresh. I am a Windows/Linux guy, this is my first exposure to iOS. I plan to use the laptop for a college course on iOS application development as well as to learn the OS. This reload is my first step in the understanding of iOS.

I don't have any software or license key, if Mac's come with such. Any tips, suggestions, warnings, precautions, step-by-step procedures would be greatly appreciated.

I have hardware / software tech experience with Windows and programming experience in Linux environments so feel free to use big words lol!

Thanks!



Answer
In order to use a Mac OS compatible to the computer, it would be helpful to know 1) processor & 2) memory. Also is there already a running Mac OS on the computer and if so, what version?

To find the above information, click on the Apple in the upper right corner, choose "About this Mac", a small window opens and there you will find the processor information as well as the amount of memory installed. Also more can be learned by clicking on the "More Info" area within the window, though not necessarily needed to determine which OS, if available, can be installed.

Also a a bit of general information: IOS is the firmware/os used in Mac handheld devices (iPhones, iPads, iTouch, iPod, etc.) OS is the operating system used on a Mac computer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of laptop should I buy?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment