Saturday, August 24, 2013

Is 2012 MacBook pro 13 inch worth it?

best laptops for college and gaming 2012
 on Top Laptops for College Students | PC Jovenes Tech and News
best laptops for college and gaming 2012 image



Frankie


I need a laptop for college. I am planning on purchasing the 13 inch MacBook pro i5. The new version of the MacBook consists of a USB 3.0. I can purchase the late 2011 model t best buy for 900 verse the 2012 version for 1200. Is it worth it?


Answer
Buy the $900 Macbook pro.
The new one has a few features, but you'll probably never use them. For example, the USB 3.0 port sounds impressive, but it would only be utilized if you had an external harddrive or flashdrive which supported 3.0. (I've never even seen one offered). If you really needed high speed ports, you could just use the Thunderbolt or Firewire ports on the 2011 model, and both are faster than 3.0. Other than that I think the only difference is a slightly larger harddrive and slightly faster graphics processing, but the ones on the 2011 model are pretty darn fast. Unless you're running extremely processor intensive applications such as playing computer games at the highest settings I doubt you'd see a difference.

Save the 300 bucks.

Why is my 15 inch 2012 Macbook Pro abruptly shutting down when I launch iPhoto, and what can I do about it?




Skylark


Fortunately it's operating splendidly on all other applications, but this is still a nuisance. I'd just launched iPhoto and all was well at first, and then my laptop abruptly shut down. A gray screen appeared with a notice that my laptop had shut down because of a problem. It did automatically reboot and I clicked the button to report the problem. On the info screen along with the report it confirmed that iPhoto was the reason the laptop shut down. After it rebooted it worked normally. I'm a college student finalizing all my papers for the quarter, so I tend to mildly freak out when my laptop spazzes even though I do regularly save everything and back it up to Time Capsule.

I do have thousands of pictures in iPhoto - about 70GB worth in total on this laptop, but I still have plenty of space. Could it be crashing due to the size? What can I do to resolve the issue besides removing some of the photos?

Bonus Question ~ What's your favorite app? : )
If you're a Mac hater, that's perfectly fine, but please just skip the question instead of venting about Macs as some here are wont to do.
I am going to try to take my laptop to the Apple store over the weekend if I can't resolve the problem myself. It's currently 2:12 in the morning, so the tech support offices are not open. The beauty of Y!A is it's running 24-7.



Answer
I think Apple will be the most help for this. Call them.
But you can try this every now and then to just keep your Mac running as best as possible:
Restart your Mac.
As it starts up again, hold down COMMAND+OPTION+P+R (do it quick) and HOLD until you hear your mac start up again and chime, usually it will go to full brightness as well. It helps keep your mac fast!


My favourite app is a game GTA San Andreas its EPIC!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is 2012 MacBook pro 13 inch worth it?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment