Monday, August 12, 2013

Where can I find a windows 7 laptop these days?

best windows 8 laptops for college
 on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best windows 8 laptops for college image



Colio


College is around the corner and I've been looking for a laptop. Problem is I really don't like windows 8, I've given it a chance and tried it out by borrowing a friends laptop that had, but I just don't like it.
So since stores no longer sell windows 7 software or laptops/desktops where would I be able to find a new laptop that has windows 7 on it?



Answer
So you still prefer the good old Start menu. Although Microsoft replaced the classic Start Menu with a new tile-based Start Screen on Windows 8, there are several ways to bypass that and get your Start Menu back on Windows 8 desktop. You may try any one of these applications:

1. Start8 -- http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/
For only $5, you get a full-fledged Start menu replacement that fits in with Windows 8's more "flat" theme, though you can also choose a theme with more rounded corners like the old Windows 7 start menu. You can also set the Start button to launch a small version of the Start screen, so you can get the benefits of the Start menu with the features of the new Start screen.

2. Classic Shell (Free) -- http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
Classic Shell starts off looking like an old school pre-XP Windows Start menu, but you can switch to a more XP- or 7-style Start menu with the press of a button.

3. StartMenu8 (Free) -- http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php
Install it, and you'll have your old Start menu backâthat's it. It feels a little different than the others (it's more of a popup than a menu), and it has a somewhat annoying "Send Feedback" button, but it does the job without any complicated configuration menus. The only options it hasâwhen you right-click on the Start buttonâare to run it at startup and to skip the tiled Start screen. This is the best option if you just want to install something for free and get on with your day.

4. Pokki (Free) -- https://www.pokki.com/windows-8-start-menu
Search for apps, control panels, and files. Add your favorite apps, sites, files and folders for quick access. Boot to the desktop and skip the Windows 8 Start Screen. Disable Windows 8 hot corners on the desktop and more. Get free apps and games from the included Pokki App Store.

5. ViStart (Free) -- http://lee-soft.com/vistart/
Enhance your windows start menu with Vistart 8. It has cool custom start menu skins like the Windows 8 start menu metro skin, start menu buttons and lot's of extra features. It is the ultimate start menu for Windows 8 and compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP you can download for free.

Some users have said that the best among them are Start8 and Pokki.

If you are still not happy with any of the alternatives above then nothing will stop you from buying a Windows 7 OS. However, you cannot get a refund for Windows 8 in exchange for Windows 7.

Where can I find the product key for my laptop?




Chloe


My dad bought me a new Gateway computer with Windows 8 from Target. It didn't come with any discs to install Windows 8, but in order to activate it I need a product key, which I cannot find. It's not on the bottom of the computer, just the serial number. I need Microsoft programs so I can use my laptop at college but can't until I activate it. Any idea(s) where I can find it?


Answer
Download this program from http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder the product key will be found




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I find a windows 7 laptop these days?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment