Thursday, August 22, 2013

My laptop fell off the bed and the screen cracked?

best laptops for college consumer reports
 on The Best and Worst Return Policies and Customer Service This Holiday ...
best laptops for college consumer reports image



keepthatre


It's about two years old, the power jack is worn out and the battery can't hold a charge. I'm assuming it's cheaper to buy a new one, correct?

And also, what brand would you suggest? This laptop will be mainly used for school work, (ie writing papers and doing research) and I'm majoring in graphic design.

The laptop I just broke was a Dell, which is not a brand I am happy with or would buy again.
FYI - I don't sleep with my computer, lol. I set it on the bed and it fell off.



Answer
Yep, time to replace. FYI, the battery will last longer if you keep a full charge on it. If you're near an outlet and you're using your computer ALWAYS plug it in. Also, try to never let the battery die all the way.

The laptop I got (and love) and the one Consumer Reports calls a "best buy" is a Toshiba Satellite. I got mine at Best Buy (I don't trust the one wal-mart is selling) and it's just great!

However, if you're majoring in graphic design, you might be smart to get a Mac. I hate 'em but I know all my creative friends swear by them and apparently that's what you'll probably come across in your career in graphic design.

I'd suggest talking to a teacher in your department, find out what computer will best handle the software you'll use through college (by the time you need one for your career they'll have changed so much you'll need a new one, but if you're going to be likely to be using Macs in your future then it's a good thing to learn and get comfortable with them now)

Should I buy a Macbook Pro or Sony Vaio?




forzamilan


I am going into college. I'm looking for a really good laptop. Something good for schoolwork and music and also one that can burn dvds well. I was thinking either one of the new macbook pros or a sony vaio z series. Any suggestions?


Answer
Well, I can't offer you my personal two cents re: the Sony Vaio. I have never used this computer. But, I can tell you about Macs.

Macs are one of the most popular laptops for college students. They are extremely reliable, easy to use and the vast majority of programs you'll ever use ARE available for Macs.

The recently upgraded MacBook Pros are amazing. The 13" model is especially popular with college students because it's more affordable than the higher end models. You can get a very good one for $1,100 to $1,400. These new models include an upgraded battery (7 hours?), upgraded speed, upgraded screen, SD card reader added, backlit keyboard on both models now, etc. And, the Mac software is far superior to Windows re: stability, reliability, easy of use, speed and being virtually virus-free. The hardware available is very adequate for a college student. It's not a high-performance gamer laptop. But, I don't think you're looking for that.

NOTE: Because you're a college student you likely qualify for their educational discount. This means you're saving on the price of a Mac, you get a free iPod Touch (summer promo) and you get a free printer. There are other discounts also. So, although you're paying a little more for a Mac than a Windows laptop, you're getting a more stable and reliable machine with lots of great extras.

Mac software is great for burning DVDs, making movies, music, word processing, internet, etc.

The Mac operating system (Leopard) will be upgraded in September. For just $29 we'll all be able to upgrade to this new operating system. I'm sure that Microsoft will charge a lot more than $29 for their users to upgrade to their "Windows 7" software. And, most people know that Windows software is very vulnerable to viruses, crashes constantly, etc.

Finally, don't listen to people complaining about Macs UNLESS they have owned one. Most people that are anti-Mac make the same arguments year after year... and yet they've never had the opportunity to own a Mac. Read Consumer Reports, Amazon reviews, etc. Those who buy and own Macs tend to enjoy and love them more than any other laptop/PC owner. Just research this and you'll see that the customer satisfaction by Mac owners is very high.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My laptop fell off the bed and the screen cracked?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment