Monday, August 26, 2013

If you attend CUNY do you have class all over New York on the different campuses?

best laptops for college fall 2012
 on Cubefield on cool math games
best laptops for college fall 2012 image



Britt


I am looking to apply to schools in New York for the fall of 2012 and I am really interested in CUNY because it offers both of my majors but i'm confused on where I would actually be attending class at. Would I have to apply to one of the specific campuses or will would I just have class at all the different campuses based on my schedule?


Answer
I am recently retired and did not attend CUNY but knew people who did long ago. I also browsed their main web site.

Typically, you are at one location. Getting around New York City is a challenge. Your degree is from one campus. "The 23 institutions of The City University of New York" are separate but managed at a top level. I guess a professor could possibly work at 2 campuses if they allow it. Whether you can take a class on a different campus is a good question. I do not think many people do it. The credits may be easily transferred. You would have to ask, and it may make a difference about which school you would take the "different campus" class in.

Like this is a key statement "General Freshman Applicants: Apply online to as many as six CUNY colleges with one application and one non-refundable application-processing fee."
You apply by campus. You get admitted by campus and could be accepted to more than one. Your classes are typically at one campus.

Maybe an expert or experienced on the exact subject will see your question. Otherwise ask them directly. This is a good start for your answer from a general knowledge computer/internet/laptop guy.

What is the best laptop brand that doesn't break so fast? What brand do you have?




~Paradox~


I currently have an Acer laptop, because it's affordable and works just as well as any other laptop. However, it breaks SO easily. Like in the course of about a year my laptop is already falling apart. :(

The hinges on my current laptop have cracks going down them. I don't even get how that came to be. I'm not opening my computer screen Hulk style. It's just the way these computers break that's frustrating, because I can't fix these kind of problem.

This isn't the first time either!! I've had an MSI laptop in the past and an Acer and they break so easily that it's almost not worth buying these brands anymore. I'm also not a fan of the mac computers by apple...

Anyhow, I'm currently a college student. So having a laptop is crucial! What's a good laptop brand that last more than just a year or two?

Thanks for answering! (:



Answer
My first laptop was a Acer. What you are experiencing is also the reason I stopped using mine and had to buy another laptop. I ended up duct taping the cracks until I could afford another laptop.

My mom has a Acer laptop that does not have a latch that holds the screen to the rest of the computer and she has never had this problem. So if you could find a Acer without a lock on the screen, you may not face this problem with an Acer in the future.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L755. It does not have a lock the computer screen. The computer I have was around $550 when I purched it in April of 2012. The only problems I have had with this computer is that it will not play old games. I have not had any problems with the new games.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If you attend CUNY do you have class all over New York on the different campuses?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment