Sunday, August 11, 2013

where can I get a good deal on a good laptop for college?

best laptop for college computer science major
 on by Adam Holmberg
best laptop for college computer science major image



johnsonrey


I am an Information and Computer Science major. I need one that will last for a long time and is not too small nor too big.

Memory, CPU, and video card all have to be pretty good.

My budget is around $500-600.
Best answer for best product!



Answer
You can buy it for cheap from http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=laptop%20computer&tag=189-20&index=pc-hardware&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Do you need a laptop for a computer science major?




crisis


I'm looking to purchase a new computer. I'm taking computer science at college in the fall and common sense would tell me I need to buy a laptop as I might need to bring it in for presentations and notes and programming. I realize that not every classroom I'll be in will have a comprehensive computer lab. Is this a correct assumption and should I buy a laptop for school.
or are my assumptions not true and a laptop won't be needed and I should buy another desktop?



Answer
That would depend on what college you will be attending. One of the techs that I use as a subcontractor attended one university and had a daily need for a laptop from his sophomore year to his final semester. Based on his experience, another one of my subs, who is now a senior in the Computer Science curriculum at a different university, bought a laptop which hasn't been out of his apartment except when he takes it along to do a little homework on skiing weekends.

My best advice would be to get one if you can afford the cost differential between a laptop and a desktop, since the laptop gives you far more flexibility (like the one tech's skiing weekends). But if money is at all tight, talk to your advisor first, and find out whether the CS curriculum at your college would necessitate having a laptop. If not, you'll get far more bang for the buck, from a system capability standpoint, with a desktop.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: where can I get a good deal on a good laptop for college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment