Sunday, August 25, 2013

What kind of laptop for an electrical engineering student?

best laptops for engineering student
 on Food Weight Scale
best laptops for engineering student image



Kevin Ruiz


I'm an electrical engineering student I'm looking on buying a laptop. Should I get a Mac book or a PC I'm having trouble picking which one. What are the benefits for each one. Also, can I run windows software such as LogixPro500 PLC simulator on Mac? If so how. Please be as detailed as possible! Thanks!!!


Answer
I'd recomend asking your professors or upper classman. Many engineering schools require specific capabilities in their students pcs (The one at my school requires that you purchase an eleven hundred dollar tablet due to the fact it's the only system that supports the modeling software.) and it would suck to by a computer and then go buy another for your program.

As far as my personal opinion on computers, PC beats MAC every time. Not because it's universally better, but because nintey percent of documents and presentations are created and saved as Microsoft office. It's the best word processing, spreadsheet edditing, and presentation software readily available to your average consumer. And thus it's the industry standard.

What is the best kind of laptop to get for an engineering student?




chanel


I had an hp laptop that doesn't work anymore and I want to know if I should get the same brand laptop or get a different brand. What's a good brand for for engineering students? I will be using programs like matlab and autocad.


Answer
I got an ASUS N56V and I'm in Mechanical Engineering. It's a great laptop with 8GB of ram, i7 (3610QM 2.3 GHz), and a dedicated graphics card (650m 2GB). It was about $1000 and I got it at Micro center. I know that price sounds a bit expensive, especially since there are other laptops out there that are $300-400 dollars, but let me tell you, those aren't good.

This laptop runs MATLAB great, although you will most likely not like MATLAB, haha. And it runs Autocad great as well. I would also like to add that it plays video games great as well. Skyrim plays great and looks amazing on this laptop. This laptop matches an Alienware laptop but is only half the price, plus it looks really sleek.

Also you will probably be using a 3D modeling software in the future in college (depending on your specific engineering major) and this laptop runs those great as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of laptop for an electrical engineering student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment