Monday, August 12, 2013

What is the best laptop for a college student?

best laptop for college and why
 on Madman prestige eye-catching achievements: You're crazy, right ...
best laptop for college and why image



Samantha L


I am graduating high school next week and my graduation present from my parents is a new laptop for college. I am a total apple girl and I want a macbook pro, but they want to make sure they get me the best one out there even if its not apple. I'm gonna be using it for school, as well as personal things such as music and pictures. Any help on what is the best one out there for a 18 year old soon to be college freshman?


Answer
Well, your parents can buy you one Apple laptop or two or three MS based laptops for same money. Let them decide.

What is the best laptop for a college student?




Sleepy


I'm looking for a laptop for college. I want to take it to school. I go to Metro State. It's a commuter campus so I take the light rail. I want to write papers on it, I would like Microsoft Works. And I also want to put pictures and music.
What type of computer is better? Dell? HP? Apple? etc..
What should I look for when purchasing a laptop?
I want it to last all 4 years and even into grad school.
It must be affordable but quality is more important.
What do you recommend?
THanks!



Answer
Well, I'm also a metro rider. I went with a used Dell D-400. Got it off ebay and it has 1G ram, decent processor, burner, case, etc. total price was $260 (including shipping). The key is that it has a 12.1 inch screen so it fits easy on the lap while riding. Also lasts about 2 hours on battery.

So my suggestion would be a used dell if you want to be under $400 or so. New small laptops are $1,200+. MAC of course is good but expensive. The thing with Dell is there is always a ton of parts available for them should you have a problem or break it. Now, XP is not sold any longer as an operating system but is still widely used. I don't care for Vista and I'm not even sure if my laptop would run it. But I do basic spreadsheets and word docs, surf internet and maybe burn music with it. So even though xp may not be used in the next 4 years, I'll be fine. People still can get by usign Windows 98!

Just be very careful if buying a laptop off of ebay. Pay attention to seller feedback!

Good luck.

ps - as for HP, I did look at them as well, but they don't seem to hold up as much and the small ones are really expensive. My company has 1000's of dells in service with minimal problems.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment