Sunday, August 25, 2013

Autocad help needed.?

best dell laptops for college students 2011
 on Great Laptops For College Students | PC Jovenes Tech and News
best dell laptops for college students 2011 image



The Questi


Downloaded autocad 2011, 30 day trial version, for my laptop and got an error message that says:

"UNABLE TO RUN AUTOCAD. THIS MAY BE DUE TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. THIS VERSION OF AUTOCAD WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY.....
2. YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT RIGHTS"

I uninstalled and removed the program and installed the free autocad student version with the 3 year license (was able to get it with my current college enrollment); and again I got the same message.

I've tried several methods per most cad user's request on message forums including: rebooting the laptop, disabling anti virus, running the program as an admin, running it in safe mode, and deleting certain cad registry keys, but nothing seems to work.

I'm running on:

Dell Latitude E5400
Windows XP 2002, SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo P8400; 2.26 GHz
1.95 GB of RAM


If anyone could help that would be great!



Answer
Sign in as ADMINISTRATOR on your computer, then install it. Your user may not of had the rights to launch an installed program that you download

I was thinking about getting a desktop, questions about hardware such as hdd, ssd, raid 0,raid 1, dual gpu?




Alex


Sorry I know I compare desktop to laptop components a lot, its just my desktop broke, and this is all I have to compare it to.

I looked on cyber power and they had this computer on the front page. This is the link to the customization page, after you click on the computer. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_IV/


Over the past couple years, Iâve been using a laptop ( 2007 toshiba 17inch) and itâs a good laptop, decent battery life, crappy cooling fans â over heats often â cpu and ram not good enough to multitask anymore. Well anyway. I got this laptop for school and traveling around during the weekends. I had a desktop that I used to play games on. Also a 2007 desktop, but their was either a virus or the hdd crashed and I canât use the computer anymore. Its specs where


1gb ram â I upgraded to 4 sticks each of 1gb for a total of 4gb and 1 stick in each of the 4 slots. Someone told me that, you donât actually need more than 4gb and that usually you wont use the whole 4gbâs, that it was nice and cheap to buy 4x 1gb sticks at a slow speed. It was 800mhz.

1-is it actually better to fill all 4 dims with a stick rather than having say 2x 2gb sticks in slots 1 and 2?
2-I see most commonly in 2011 that new ram speed is average at 1333mhz, I see some out there that are 1600mhz and 1866mhz and 2000mhz etc.

Is it actually worth it to buy higher quality â speed â ram? Ive been very active lately having itunes, a few tabs of google chrome like 1 facebook and then about 3 other tabs open just internet serfing. But mainly ive gotten into video game creation, and sometimes my college friend does some of his DJ music editing work on my laptop. I know the laptop has 800mhz 4gb ram

dual core amd 2.0ghz cpu. Very often I see that when I hit control + alt + delete, then hit task manager, I see the cpu always hitting right up near 100% on both cores, and the ram with itunes and internet goes to about 2gb used, then when my friend edits music the ram goes to all 4gb used and the cpu goes maxed, and then the graphics card â I assume itâs the gpu â makes the games I create extremely laggy, the colores get messed up. I think the gpu is built in the mother board. At least the gpu is a nice solid number at 3000.

I know that amd / ati goes 2000 series, 3000 series, then 4, 5, 6, and that theyâre right at the very top of the 6000 series.
The laptop hard drive is 320gb 5400rpm. I know that there are like 7200rpm and up to 15000rpm if you spend money, but what about ssd drives? I know theyâre expensive as hell, and they have a low amount of memory. But my friend showed me a button on the cyber power website that said Raid 0. I was thinking of getting 3x 120gb ssd and do raid 0. from what I picked together raid 0 splits the binary code 1,2,3,1,2,3 kind of like a teacher would do 1,2,3, across the room to split students into random groups. Anyway since each of the 3 ssd would have 1/3 of the data, then the total amount of memory between them would be added together. To make 360gb total.

3-is it true that if you put 3 ssdâs into raid 0, that the read and write speed of the drives would actually speed up? And that when it speeds up it would be tons faster, but it wouldnât be exactly triple the speed, that it would be like 150 â 175% the speed of just one of the ssdâs?
4-is it true that since each of the 3 would have 1/3 the amount of information that if one drive crashed, you would not only lose literally all of the data, because it would then be incomplete, but you also have to re buy a replacement ssd?
5-Considering I only have about 50gb of music, about 50gb in games, and my friends got about 20gb in his editing, would 360gb be enough storage for the desktop?
6-Cpu â all the cpuâs and the options say i7 quad core and the cheapest one is 3.06ghz speed. Do I actually need / can I use all 4 cores? And do I even need to upgrade the cpu speed at all? I read that most programs cannot utilize more than 2cores and i7âs are just expensive, is it true? I was looking at some of the most computer hardware dependent games like crisis, crisis 2, metro 2033. anyway they said that 3.0ghz is required for them. So I was thinking that since im not going to be playing those games, and that I wanna future proof my desktop, that 3.0 would be too low? I know its easy to just buy a new cpu when itâs out dated, but I would prefer to just spend money once.
7-What is a good cpu speed to buy for future proofing, a music and videogame ( flash games and designing back drops for other more advanced games?)
8-- do I really need 2 graphics cards? And if theyâre connected I assume they have to be the exact same card. so can I just get 1 expensive gpu? 2 pretty cheap ones? 2 medium ones?



Answer
Just do like I did. I just called Dell and had them build the computer of my dreams.
Sure, it ran into big bucks. I am 75 years old and been working with computers now for 19 years and had never had anything except old crappy snail slow computers. So I decided no matter what the cost I was going to have one good
computer before I die. Here is what I ended up with.
Intel Core i7 2600 Processor (8MB Cache 3.4 GHz
8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333 MHz
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 VisionTek
1.5TB serial ATA 2 hard drive 7200 RPM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Microsoft Office 2010 (Full version)
WD My Book 1 TB external HDD




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Autocad help needed.?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment