Sunday, December 15, 2013

How would I clean my computer's hard drive and start from the beginning?

best laptop for college and photography
 on college girl with laptop from Yurchyk, Royalty-free stock photo ...
best laptop for college and photography image



Sophia


I've had my Toshiba laptop for a while, it's in perfect condition and runs very smooth. (I'm giving this laptop to my younger cousin). The thing is, this laptop must have been pre-owned or something. One day when I was in documents or something and I accidentally hit some random keys and there were these pictures of people I've never seen before. They weren't bad pictures or anything, it was pictures of a young couple on a beach and man riding a bike. From the pictures, I can tell the man is a photography major, because there were several pictures of animals and other people in his portfolios and art work. The question is, how do I clean the whole hard drive without replacing it? I have some personal info on my old laptop such as college files, documents, pictures and I even used a credit card online once. Would restoring the laptop with a disk, clean off the entire hard drive? What would I need to do?


Answer
Best way is to completely format and start fresh with a new install of the OS.
To do this, boot you your selected OS install DVD / USB Key and follow through.
When you are asked where you would like to install you should have the ability to delete the partitions and recreate them. Do it. Format, then re-install.
Please note: you also need to re-install all your drivers. They are always available on the laptop manufacturers website.

Is the Macbook a good laptop for a college student?




Pamela


I am starting college soon and majoring in photography. Does anyone know if photoshop already comes on this computer. I have heard it does and doesn't. Any help would be great!


Answer
I agree with the above, get a MacBook. As a graphic artist I can tell you it is great for graphics and photography. I don't believe that Photoshop comes with the Mac but you can buy a student version and get a huge discount on its cost. Academic Superstore is one I've used when I was a student at http://www.academicsuperstore.com The Mac does come with iPhoto which has many of the same uses as Photoshop plus it can organize your photos.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How would I clean my computer's hard drive and start from the beginning?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment