Saturday, December 21, 2013

To experienced college student athletes: what should I bring to college?

best laptops for college and gaming 2013
 on 2013 sony colored laptops buy colored sony laptops for college
best laptops for college and gaming 2013 image



Aaron


I'm attending a NAIA school fall of 2013. I will be living on campus and it is over 700 miles away from home. What should I bring to school? I had my clothes and money ready kinda. What should I really bring to survive?

10 points = BA



Answer
Aside from any personal athletic equipment you'll need, your list will be the same as any other student. Sometime in the spring or summer, your school will probably send you a list of suggested items to bring, as well as what NOT to bring (some schools don't allow certain items in the dorms). And once you find out your roommate, you can discuss who is going to bring what (you'll only need one refrigerator, TV, etc). But for starters, here are some things that most college students bring to school:

Clothes
Outerwear (coat, hat, gloves, etc. for cold weather)
Umbrella
Swimsuit
Toiletries (shampoo, soap, razor, shaving gel, etc)
Towels, washcloth, robe, shower shoes
Stuff for your bed: mattress pad, extra-long twin sheets, pillow, blanket, etc
Laundry Bag or Basket, laundry soap
Alarm Clock
Computer/Laptop
Printer
Ethernet Cables
Extension Cords
Stereo/speakers
TV, game system
Mini Refrigerator
Coffee Pot, microwave, etc. (if allowed)
Plates, cups, utensils, cookware
Desk Lamp
Desk supplies (stapler, scissors, tape, pencil sharpener, etc)
Tool Kit (can come in handy!)
Posters/decorations for your room
Rug for your floor
Futon or chair, if there's room
Command Strips (for hanging things on walls)
Bulletin Board, Calendar
Storage Bins (wait until you learn what your dorm provides)

Once you get to school, you'll be surprised how many little things you took for granted at home, that you suddenly realize you need but didn't think to bring... nail clippers, flashlight, thermometer, etc. Since you have several months before you leave, start a list for yourself. Write down the things you use now and that you think you'll probably need at college.

Looking for a quality laptop to fit my criteria?




Andrew


I am looking to get a laptop for Christmas, whether its with the money from my new job that I never spend or from my family. I am a senior and high school with high hopes of getting into college so I would like to have my own laptop. I am new to buying a computer so I don't know much outside of research I have done the past few weeks.

The following is a list of things that I am looking for:
Processor: preferrably an i7 with 3+ GHz
Weight: does not matter, I'll be carrying it around but I can suck it up if it is heavy
Hard Drive: a larger hard drive
Battery Life: longer, 8 hours is a minimum
(I can sacrifice some of these things if need be)

I will be running programs from Autodesk and Microsoft Office, sometimes multiple at once. I am also looking to support online games on this computer, although gaming is not of the utmost importance and will come last because I am focusing on school. Generally I would like a high-end laptop that is fast and has good battery life and will last awhile. I understand that I am asking for a more expensive system, but I am willing to disregard the price as long as it is not too high. Under $1500 would be great.

I have been looking at the Lenovo Thinkpad W530 because it supports this criteria and has great reviews. However, I don't know much about what is out there so you input is appreciated.



Answer
The Lenovo is an excellent choice
Take a look at these rankings:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-notebook-brands-2013/3

For high-end/gaming machines you can try the following links:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landing_pages/ideapad/gaming-pcs
http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Gaming_Products/

Lenovo, Asus, HP, and Samsung are the top 4 laptop brands. I wouldn't consider any other brands.

Dell makes Alienware and they are not worth the money charged.
Acer makes Gateway. You'd have to pay me to use one of their machines.
Sony hardware has generally been good, but they are notorious for putting huge amounts of crapware/bloatware on machines and gathering information on their consumers without their knowledge or permission.
Toshiba has bottomed the rankings. Personally, I have used them and never had a problem, but that does not appear to be the case any more.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: To experienced college student athletes: what should I bring to college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment