Thursday, December 19, 2013

What is a good laptop for a college student?

best laptop for a new college student
 on ... expensive, a laptop makes a practical gift for a college freshman
best laptop for a new college student image



breezy777


I need a new laptop but am a bit overwhelmed by all of the options. I don't have a great budget (around $500), and am wondering what a good laptop is for a college student, with a decent processor size and speed, etc. I don't need anything amazing, just something good - for writing papers, getting online, listening to music, watching videos, etc. Any suggestions?


Answer
My advice is to inquire at the particular college. They usually have "minimum requirements - recommendations" to ensure compatibility with their network. I suspect that the basic models, which are far more robust than the machines made a few years ago, will suffice.

What is the best laptop for a college student?




Carolyn


I am wondering which laptops are best for college students. I want a laptop about $1000. I need A LOT of storage space that can handle and itunes account with over 5000 songs and a lot of photos.


Answer
Yeah I'm a big fan of MacBooks. Apple is great with students and most colleges have discount programs with them. Last year I got a free iPod Touch, printer, and three year service plan when I ordered through my college. The service is great too. My hard drive crashed and I had a new one installed 4 days after I took it in for free.

I'm pretty sure MacBooks come with a minimum 200 GB hard drive which should be plenty of space for everything you need. I have 15,000 songs on mine (~80 GB) and I still have room for all of my programs and documents




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good laptop for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment