Sunday, March 30, 2014

Which laptop would you recommend for an architecture student?




Jessica


Next year I'll be a first year architecture student (yay!) and I'm looking to buy a laptop before I start college. I know I will hardly even use Auto CAD other programs for the first year, but I will for the next four years. I don't know any of the specifications for the architecture program, but I do know that I need something with LOTS of memory and is pretty quick. I'm naturally leaning towards a Mac book Pro, but I'd really appreciate some insight! Thanks!


Answer
these gaming laptops are GREAT for graphics and heavy content(flash, heavy graphics, HD videos etc)

http://www.amazon.com/G73JW-A1-Republic-Gamers-17-3-Inch-Gaming/dp/B0041RRS0I/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1299525695&sr=1-2&tag=safsaolnmc-20

I guess you can go for that one, it's really great!

whats a good laptop for an architecture student?




nargle_que


i do a lot of 3d rendering and stuff like that? something with a fast processor and all that stuff .( i really dont know )
I'm considering a dell alienware. (is that good?) but i would love something that goes under 1200 dollars?



Answer
Hello!
I don't like Alienware because it's overpriced and the computers look bad. You could get the same performance with a low priced by buying a good high-end laptop.

For architecture, you require to render a lot of projects and for that you'll need:
- 8 GB RAM or more
- A good dedicated Graphics Card
- A Decent processor (ex: Intel Core i5 or i7)

I recommend:
Lenovo IdeaPad Y580:
- Has a 3rd-gen Intel Core i7 Quad Core CPU
- Has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB Mobile Dedicated Graphics Card
- 8 GB or 12 GB RAM
- Low priced

Asus G75VW:
- Intel Core i7 Quad Core COPU
- 16 GB RAM
- 17.3" HD Screen
- nVidia GTX660 2GB Dedicatd Mobile Grpahics
- A little over $1200




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which laptop would you recommend for an architecture student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment