Sunday, March 9, 2014

Laptop for photography class?




shaDy


I need help finding a laptop for my photography class. I can not afford a mac is there anything else out there that I can use. I have been looking for awhile and different people say different things. I am about to start my classes and still I do not know what kind I need. I will be using this computer for music, store pictures, and to do my college work. I do not have enough money to spend on a mac or really expensive computer as I am a working college student. If any one could help me it would be appreciated.


Answer
When selecting a computer for photography, there are a few things you'll want to consider:

* Hard disk space: the most important stat for picture editing
* Screen resolution: the more pixels the better (at least 1280x800)
* Memory: 2GB seems to be good. (more is fine, but you might not end up using it)
* Battery capacity: you don't want to be tethered to an outlet if you can help it
* CPU speed: most machines now are fine, but if you do heavy editing or use fancy filters you'll want more speed.
* Weight: you'll be lugging this thing around

I put the stats in the order that I think is important for what you want to do. If you have to trade off one stat for another to keep in budget prefer the ones listed first. The problem is that there are a lot of machines that will fit the criteria. Good brands (without knowing your budget) would be:

* Mac (13.3" MacBook will fit the bill for $999)
* Dell (15" from $450)
* Gateway (15" from $500)
* Sony (but more than a Mac)

I personally haven't had good experience with HP, but YMMV.

There's a lot out there that will work. You just have to play with what you really want to make it work for your budget.

What is a good laptop for a college student that also does photography, with photoshop, on the side?




Michael


I am not really looking for a Mac though i am more of a PC type of guy haha


Answer
Well for the purpose you are looking for Apple laptops are more recommended for these purpose, however PC laptops can also now work and some of them are good for this purpose.

Such as Dell Vostro, Dell Inspiron or Hp Envy 15 these are few laptops which are good for your required purpose and secondly these laptops are cheaper then Mac and functions are really amazing.

Check out the website links mentioned below




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptop for photography class?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment