Sunday, March 30, 2014

What is a good laptop for a college bound teenager?




CalledByFa


Preferably under $500.
I'm only a junior now but I not be getting a new one when I go to college.
I dont need any fancy stuff, just Word, PPT, ect.
Also it would be mainly used for streaming videos, webcam, chat, fb ect.

We currently have a PC computer, which works great so a laptop from this company would be great.
Thanks



Answer
We did research for my daughter laptop for fall 2010 and saw this: http://www.laptopmag.com/mobile-life/scores-by-brand-best-brands.aspx#axzz167RQ48GW

We went with the Lenovo. It has fingerprint security, facial recognition software, webcam and microphone (so you can skype all your friends and family while in college) and much more. We paid 479 from bestbuy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+Laptop+/+Intel&%23174%3B+Pentium&%23174%3B+Processor+/+15.6%22+Display+/+4GB+Memory+-+Black/1032449.p?id=1218211701350&skuId=1032449&cmp=RMX&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=1032449#

You could more search for 2011 to see if there is data for that yet but the year is still young so not sure if they would yet.

But my daughter loves it. I

Best laptop for a pharmacy major?




Kate


I'm starting college in the fall and am not sure which laptop I should buy. I am a pharmacy major and a biomedical engineering minor. I need a laptop that can run all the lab programs that I need for class as well as a decent battery life (I would like to take notes on it). Thanks in advance for the help!


Answer
Doesn't your school tell you what system they want your computer to be running in? I'm also a pharmacy student and here's my schools specification for this year:

(I have a 2011 macbook pro, and just updated to newest software)

Laptop Requirements

Minimum Standards
Any laptop purchased within the last 2 years should already meet our minimum requirements.

For older laptops, please ensure that you meet the following specifications:
î Intel Core I3 processor or higher
î Capable of running 64-bit version of Windows 7 or 8, or Mac OS 10.7 or later
î 4 GB of RAM or more (8GB recommended).
î 80 GB hard drive
î Built-in WiFi network adapter (802.11 b/g/n or faster) capable of WPA or WPA2 encryption
î Anti-virus software with current virus definition updates
î Microsoft Office 2010 or later, or compatible software (e.g. Apache OpenOffice, Microsoft Office for Mac).

Suggested Options
î Access to a CD/DVD-ROM drive
î Ethernet port recommended
î 4 GB (or higher) USB flash memory device (âthumb driveâ)
î CDRW or DVDRW capability
î USB or Bluetooth optical mouse

On a budget? Free or inexpensive software is available.
CCleaner - http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner

Malware bytes AntiMalware-Free Version
Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7- http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Windows Defender for Windows 8 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-
defender-details.aspx

Apache OpenOffice â http://www.OpenOffice.org

Mozilla FireFox browser â most recent version â this is best for ExamSoft. IE does not work well
with ExamSoft.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good laptop for a college bound teenager?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment