Monday, March 10, 2014

Which laptop should I buy? This is such a hard decision...?




Joey S


I am going to be a student at UCF this summer, and I need to purchase a laptop. I am majoring in Psychology, so I do not need a fancy one like they need for engineering, or an art major. I have it narrowed down between two Hp laptops, (I am open for suggestion, but Office Depot must sell it, because I have a massive gift card there). Money is not that big of an issue but I would definitely like to keep it under about $850.

These are the two that I have looked at:
1. HP Pavilion dv6-2150us 15.6" Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel® Core⢠i3-330M Processor (slower processor, larger screen, less battery life, numeric keypad)

2. HP Pavilion dv4-2160us 14.1" Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel® Core⢠i5-430m Processor With Turbo Boost Technology (faster processor, smaller screen, longer battery life, no numeric keypad)

The big problem for me making this decision, is the screen size, and was wondering if 14" was too small, and if I would need the larger processor, or even notice the difference in speeds. How important is a number keypad anyways? would i really need to use it that often? I would definitely listen to music on it, and maybe watch some movies, or maybe play some games. I would also use it for general web browsing, I need to write essays and notes too of course.

I have never been to college, so I don't know how portable I would need it to be either, and if so the size, and battery life would be important, which the dv4 would be a better choice I guess.

Overall, I know barely nothing about computers, and would like to know everyone's opinions. Thanks sooooooooooo much! I really appreciate your time on this one.



Answer
The second one definitely. It's faster and more portable. I never use a numeric keypad, so don't bother.

Why would this cop ask what I was doing if I wasn't doing anything wrong?




Paul


I go to UCF, and I wanted to go this thing they've got called the All Knight Study Lounge to get some homework done. I don't live on campus, so I had to drive over there first. I made the fatal mistake of not packing up all my stuff before I left my driveway. I had to get my laptop, books and homework all together in my car before I left for the study lounge, so I ended up packing it together while sitting in my car at the UCF parking garage at 3:00 AM. So I was sitting in my car for no more than 10 minutes doing this and apparently this cop was hiding behind a corner stalking me. Then he came out of nowhere and pulled in the space next to me and rolled down the window. I wanted to just drive off at that point but I wasn't sure I was legally allowed to do that when a cop feels like harassing you. I rolled down my window and asked him in a very sarcastic way "can I help you officer?" He asked what I was doing? I said, "well that's not really any of your business, but I wanted to go to the study lounge." Then he asked if I was ok and I told him I was but I didn't think it was ok for him to question me when I'm not even doing anything wrong. Then he just drove off. Why did this cop have the nerve to interrogate me like this for not even doing anything wrong?


Answer
Let's look at three scenarios:

A depressed student takes an overdose of prescription medication and goes and sits in his car waiting to die. An alert policeman sees someone sitting in the car and goes to check on the student. he finds out what is wrong and summons EMS. he saves the students life. The student gets psychiatric help, and turns his life around - Police Officer = hero in that case

A serial killer goes through a girls dormitory and Murders three girls. he goes back to his car to decide if he should kill some more that night or not. An alert police officer sees him, and decides to investigate. he sees the blood on the killer and arrests him before anyone else is hurt. - Police Officer = hero in that case

You go sit in your car and a police officer sees you. he does not have ESP. He cannot tell if you are sick, or a serial killer or a burglar. the public pays the officer to protect them, so he goes and "harasses" - Police Officer = Harasser in your opinion

The public pays taxes to have us protect them. We can only do that by being curious, and asking questions. If members of the public are too childish to understand that.....well, you fill in your own blank there.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which laptop should I buy? This is such a hard decision...?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment