Saturday, March 8, 2014

Would getting a laptop for college be a good choice? (Engineering)?




Joe Smith


I will be a freshman attending Rutgers this fall as a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering major. I was considering buying a laptop for notes and stuff, because I by far type faster than write. But, then I thought - would I even be able to use a laptop for notes efficiently in the field I'm going into? Like equations for physics and stuff like that. But then again, I won't be taking ONLY classes like that. So... can anyone that is a math/engineering major (or something similar) tell me if getting a laptop for note taking is a waste of my money? I will have a regular desktop computer in my dorm, thatâs an important factor. The laptop would be solely for note taking, some low-end cheap refurb. Thanks for the input.
I do live in New Jersey, very close to campus. Transporting a desktop computer back home for the summer will not be a problem at all.



Answer
Like MC said, a laptop will be especially helpful for freshman courses and general education requirements. You'll have to take english/science/humanities courses at some point, so if you type faster than you write, a laptop will be incredibly helpful. As for notes in engineering, I'm sure there's a way to type equations which I'm not aware of.

ipods, laptops,electronics, COLLEGE MAJOR!?




Jelly


I really want to work with electronics by designing and developing. What should my college major be?


Answer
You could be like me! My major is Information Engineering, its a combination of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would getting a laptop for college be a good choice? (Engineering)?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment