Saturday, March 29, 2014

What is the best laptop for a new freshman college student?




Austin


I know its a vague question but im basically looking for a general laptop around $1,000, but i would like to know what are my best options for a laptop that best fits a new college student, since im starting college in little over a month.


Answer
Freshmen year of college is a fun but sometimes crazy time in your life. These days laptops are the most essential part of your college career, so buying one is a big decision. Coming into my freshman year I didnt know what to do. I searched for computers by looking online with what seemed like an endless amount and then went to a few stores only to have a salesperson flood me with all the extras I âneededâ with it. The more I searched the more frustrated I grew. Dont let laptop shopping stress you out.

Here are a few rules to stick to when purchasing the best college laptop:
1.Dont buy all the gadgets and add ons
2.Skip the upgrades unless needed for certain purpose
3.Buy the extended warranty (your laptop will be through hell)
4.Dont buy a cheapy (going to last the college years) doesnt mean you have to buy big either
5.Buy flashdrives (its going to crash)
6.key features to focus on are the processor, memory, screen, and hard drive
7.If you have a smart phone, you may not want to buy an expensive one
8.If living far away from loved one maybe get a Webcam

College is going to throw a bunch at you, but just stay strong and you'll do fine. A great website for helping students during their freshman year of collge is www.ready4collegelife.com It also shows a few of the best laptops available for collge...
Good luck with college!

What is the best laptop for a new freshman college student to get?




elizabeth


I'm looking around for some laptops that will be good to use in college- one that isn't too heavy, has fast and easy features, a webcam built in to chat with friends and family. Up to $1000 is probably my budget.


Answer
Hey,

I think I can really help you out. I've been making similar decisions lately.

I recommend Lenovo. Why? They have been voted several times as the best PC manufacturer for Windows-based laptops.

The most important thing to decide if is if you want a dedicated graphics card. This will allow you to play games on the computer. If not, you can get something called an Integrated Graphics Card which will still let you browse, watch movies etc. all the normal things.

Laptops great for dedicated graphics:

Lenovo IdeaPad U400 (Very light and stylish design)
Lenovo Y460p (For better performance during games, also a bit heavier)

These laptops have features that make them rock-solid (spill-proof and works after being accidentally dropped):

Lenovo Thinkpad T420

Laptop with integrated graphics:

Lenovo U260

Most have webcams, but you can easily purchase an external webcam if they don't. Plus an external webcam generally has higher video quality.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for a new freshman college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment