Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How do UNI students use their Laptops??




dancerrr24


How do most uni students use their laptops?

Do you keep it in your room all day, take it to lectures, do assignments in the library etc. watch movies, play games?

I'm gna be a student this year and want to know if i should get a small portable one or large screen one. I know my sht with computers but i want to know how u use them in uni.

UCL btw if anyone knows. THanks



Answer
The question isn't how "people" use them; the question is how will YOU use it? Will you use it to take notes or access things online or locally while in the classroom? If that's what you expect to do, then get a small, portable one, and get a big monitor (or even a docking station) to connect to it when in your room. They were far too expensive for me to have one when I went to school (graduated B.S. computer science in 1990), but I'd have given a LOT to have one in my classes, and that was back before the internet was nearly as good as it is now! I can tell you one thing for certain - books for university classes tend to be HEAVY (it was no big thing for me to lug around 20 or 25 pounds of books), so a lightweight laptop is a must if you want to take it around campus.

laptop for uni student?




Sophie


I'm going to uni next year and I'm currently looking for a laptop.
I want something that:
- is preferably light
- has a long battery life
- easy to type keyboard
- nice design
- under $1500.
I want something like the ASUS UX30, however the battery life isn't that great.
Are there any laptops that are similar but have longer lasting batteries? (no macs or net books)

Thanks!



Answer
Whatever you do, never buy anything from Asus. They have The Worst customer support of any computer company. Ever. Just Google them and you'll see.

*edit* I just checked out the Asus UX30 and it is a netbook, you do realize?

Based on the size of the Asus UX30 and your price range/preferences I recommend the Sony VAIO SR Series VGN-SR420J/B NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T6500(2.10GHz)

Compared to the Asus UX30, the Sony VAIO SR420 has the same screen size, with 400% more memory, 6 hours of battery life (50% more), 30% more hard drive space than the UX30 (320 GB vs. 250 GB), a dual core processor instead of the Asus' single core (i.e. much faster), a built in webcam, a dual layer DVD burner, and it only weighs 4 pounds.

Check it out at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834117912

*Note: There's a $50 more expensive model that includes better audio and video specs. The link for that one is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834117913

Hope this helps!

P.S. If his poor grammar isn't enough of a clue, none of Anthony's websites seem very legit. Most reliable websites that offer refurbished computers have a very limited warranty compared to their new items. I strongly recommend that you shop at tried and true websites such as Newegg.com. They have refurbished computers too, if you want to go that route, but at least you get the trusted name along with your purchase.

Good luck!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do UNI students use their Laptops??
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment