Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What's a good laptop for a college student?

Q. So... What's a good laptop for a college student? I will be majoring in Materials Science and Engineering this fall. I heard from my friend that goes to the same university that I'll be going to that Macs aren't useful for my kind of major. So Macs are out. I want one that has a 14" screen or less. Battery life for at least 2 1/2 hours. It would be best if the laptop cost less than or around $800.

I also want it to be good for video chatting because I want to be able to communicate with my family.

Thank you!!


Answer
Have a look at Sony VAIO SE1 Series VPCSE13FX
1. Gorgeous 15.5" LCD screen. It's got great resolution, brilliant colors, and it's very bright. The 15.5" screen may not be huge, but there is so much workspace because the resolution is so impressive. Great viewing angles as well.
2. Light but sturdy chasis. The chasis may be metal (which gives it a very modern look), but it's still so light you can pick up the laptop with one hand with relative ease.
3. Great battery life. As with most manufacturers Sony exaggerated a bit when they said you get 6 hrs on this machine, but it does come close. If you're on 50% screen brightness and you're only doing browsing the web you will get about 5 hours.
4. Great performance. The laptop comes with a 2nd generation i5 2.4GHz processor, which is significantly faster than the i3. Everything about the laptop is quick, including the boot-up, which takes well under a minute.

What kind of Laptop to get for a college bound student?




Tiffany


I'm entering college very soon, but I'm in need of a laptop? What kind of laptop and features do you recommend? And for all you MAC and APPLE lovers, I'm sorry to say that's out of the questions. I simply cannot afford it, no matter what I do. I prefer to keep everything under $1000.

I plan to hold music (a lot) and a lot of school documents. I'm not going to hold movies, play/install hardcore games, or anything big other than music.



Answer
You can get a really nice dell studio xps laptop. Prices start about
700.00-800.00. www.dell.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's a good laptop for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment