Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ipad vs Surface 2 which is better for college?




Sam


Okay so I am in need of a new laptop but I found the surface has all the makings of a laptop including word but with the mobility of a tablet. I'm am going to college next year and could definitely use it for college. But when reading reviews everyone said it failed out compared to the ipad. I have an ipad and it is fun but to me it is useless for school because it can't run documents or save files

Could someone clarify for me what is so bad about the surface vs the ipad for the average college student



Answer
I personally recommend the Surface, but it's just an opinion.
On the Microsoft Surface Pro (not RT), you can run any Windows programs such as Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, and all of the stuff you used on a PC. Plus, it has a USB port, unlike iPad. iPad is much lighter and has a better display and doesn't get quite as hot as the Surface. If you want to know more specs to decide for yourself, look at this article: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2424763,00.asp

what kind of laptop should a freshman art student buy?




Clair


I'm about to enter college as a freshman art student and I need to buy a laptop. I'm in limbo between a mac or a PC and I'm torn.

I'm not used to macs which is the main reason why I'm hesitant along with the fact that I used them in one oh my high school digital photography classes and felt somewhat limited by them. I already own Adobe Photoshop 6.0, but I know that's probably not the most up-to-date thing to have. My university recommends macs and says that i should run into a little difficulty with a little PC, but i can use the on campus macs in such situations. Also, I have a Buffalo external hard drive and I'm not too how compatible the two are.

I talked to a sales associate at Best Buy and he said I should get a computer with some kind of graphics card in order to run photoshop and other programs simultaneously with more ease on the computer. I forgot what kind he said exactly, something along the lines of 'specific graphics card' or something. My brother said that he doesn't know what he's talking about and the graphics card isn't going to make a huge difference if I'm doing photo editing and stuff. Should I be looking at the kind of graphics card that comes with it?

I was looking at this one at Costco:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364553,00.asp
or a macbook pro if i decide to go with a mac.

I'm terrified of making the wrong decision and spending my savings on a let-down computer. I would really, REALLY appreciate any suggestions or input. Thanks!



Answer
You can consider buying
1)Dell Inspiron iM1012-687OBK Mini 1012 10.1-Inch Obsidian Black Netbook - Up to 8 Hours 8 Minutes of Battery Life
*1.66GHz Intel N450 Atom Processor
*Memory: 1GB SD RAM
*160GB Hard Drive (5400RPM); 802.11 a/b/g Wireless Connectivity
*10.1" Display; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
*Windows 7 Starter; Integrated 1.3mp Webcam; 6-cell Lithium Ion Battery
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-iM1012-687OBK-10-1-Inch-Obsidian/dp/B00361G10S/?tag=top-gamer-20

2)ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PE-PU17-BK 10.1-Inch Black Netbook (Up to 14 Hours of Battery Life)
*1.66GHz Intel N450 Atom Processor
*1GB DDR2 RAM, 1 SODIMM Slot, 2GB Max
*250GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) + 500GB Free Web Storage; Chiclet Keyboard; 0.3MP Webcam
*10.1-Inch Color-Shine 1024X600 WSVGA LCD Display; 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth Enabled
*Windows 7 Starter Operating System; High Capacity 6 Cell Battery for up to 14 Hours of Battery Life
http://www.amazon.com/Seashell-1005PE-PU17-BK-10-1-Inch-Netbook-Battery/dp/B00322PYZO/?tag=top-gamer-20




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Ipad vs Surface 2 which is better for college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment