Monday, March 31, 2014

Grammer lords I need your help.?




Boweezie10


I have typed an essay for a school I may be going to for 2013-2014 on my school's laptop using word and I spell checked and grammar checked and sent it to my mom first. She helped me revise and saw things that word did not correct and now she wants me to show my english teacher but I don't want to show my english teacher because it sounds like i'm dissing the school a bit and I don't want the teacher spreading word that I don't like the school. (I really don't much) So if you would read this nice and emotional 5 paragraph essay about why I want to become a graphic designer then see if it needs further revisions and show me what needs to be corrected I will be much obliged.


I want to be a graphic designer because of the joy other graphic designers
give me. I grew up watching cartoons most of my afternoons and I enjoyed them
like any kid would. I started drawing during random times of the day and I showed
them to people and of course they said they liked it. I drew pictures of my favorite
cartoons and of things I saw and just thought of. This sums up my life until the
eighth grade.

My mom discovered the middle school Greiner which is an Exploratory Arts
Academy. For the first time I had to audition to be in the school so I presented some
drawings I had done and the judges were delighted to see them. I was accepted
to Greiner; I was glad to have left my old school full of troublemakers and be in a
new school of artistic minds. The eighth grade was the best year of my life. I met
the two most brilliant kids I will ever meet and we became artistic buddies. There
I sharpened my drawing skills, discovered a talent for drawing realistic features,
and so much more. There I had become better in one aspect of being an animator/
graphic designer, which is being able to design things in multiple medias, but I want
to be an animator, so Iâd have to take animation classes and get my drawings on
computers.

I had little knowledge of creating and editing visuals on computers because the
computer that I currently own is too slow to run most programs. Also, the schools
that I had gone to didât have computer classes that taught anything besides how
to use the Photoshop program and other things that had little relevance to what I
wanted. At the end of the eighth grade year, a disappointing mishap kept me from
getting into the school of Booker T. Washington, so I ended up going to the school
A. Maceo Smith New Tech High. The schoolâs principle came to Greiner to recruit
students for the 9th grade and I was told by the principle of 2011-2012 that there
would be animation classes held at the school. I was hyped up by his presentation
and to my disappointment there were no animation classes. Again I was told there
would be animation classes next year for the 10th graders. The next year came
and still no animation classes. Iâve felt my want to draw die some ever since I left
Greiner. I wish Greiner continued through the 12th grade but it was time to move on.
So now I want to move on to Skyline and revive my want to create visuals that will
toy with otherâs emotions.

My real purpose for wanting to animate is because I love cartoons, anime, stop
motion, flip book, and other visual medias so much. I love that they entertain people
after a long days work or just when people are bored. I love that they keep people
distracted and happy. I want to make people distracted, happy, and possibly choke
their selves with laughter. I want to contribute my life to entertaining people
through my artistic and original moving visual art. I know that Skyline will help me
accomplish this dream.
Yeah I keep forgetting that it's grammar. I didn't type their selves word spell checked it. The application has graphic design or audio visual technology for me to choose between so I was informed that the closest to animation is graphic design and when I went to the school for a tour I was told i'd be making cartoons and stuff, I did tell my mom I want to be an animator and not a graphic designer but she says it's the same thing, apparently not.



Answer
the word is "grammar". There is no such word as "their selves". The word is "themselves".

You are confusing the term "graphic design" with animation. The two are related, but not the same at all.

Not all graphic designers use animation, although animation is certainly included within the scope of graphic design - it's not really correct to refer to an animator as a graphic designer. Animation has more in common with illustration, and increasingly in the world of modern animation, animators are making extensive use of 3D modelling and animation software.

Should I buy a Macbook Pro 13" for college?




Turnip


In a weeks time are be starting college and just need some advice into whether or not i should invest in a new laptop. Ive got an acer now but because of the courses im taking i think it would be a good idea to get an upgrade.
The courses im taking are: Graphics
Fine art
Digital Editing
ICT

Not a rich guy so on a budget but if it's worth it, i would happily save up for one and sort out a deal with my parents to buy one. Are there any other laptops that i should also consider buying instead of a macbook because i heard that macs were overall the best for adobe softwares like photoshop as thats what are mainly be using.



Answer
I was in the same boat as you last year, and now I swear by Macs. They're designed to be loaded with programs and still run fine. I have a 2010 15" Macbook Pro, I'm a graphic designer so I have the entire CS5.5 Master Collection, plus all my design work (thousands and thousands of files) plus about 200 other programs on top of that. (Including the Sims 3, which bogs down most laptops something fierce.) I've never had a single problem, this machine is a beast.

I got mine at BestBuy, I got a college student discount. You can get a 2011 13" for about $1,100. Or you could get a 15.4" like mine for about $1,800.

Honestly I wouldn't even look at other laptops, Apple is the nation's top company for a reason. They make reliable, quality products. Good luck!

=D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Grammer lords I need your help.?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment