Sunday, March 16, 2014

Laptop for college student?

Q. hi, i'm going to college in the fall and need a good, but inexpensive laptop. does anyone have any suggestions?


Answer
I bought a very nice laptop from Dell for my daughter. I went to the dell website, chose/designed the laptop that I thought would be best for her to use both in school and in her free time, then searched through the Dell Outlet and found one that pretty much matched what I was looking for. I got one that was listed as having cosmetic flaws. What I would have paid almost $1,500 for, I got for under $900. My daughter said it did have a slight scratch, but she absolutely loves it.

laptop for college student?




Andrew


first year college need something fast entertaining and mobile, and most of all cheap. I just need to know the tech specs, what amount of ram, memory and type of processor would be right for someone impatient.

games, movies, music also



Answer
HDD: >200gb... strongly suggest for games, movies and music! my laptop is 200gb . and i am thinking of getting a 1tb external hdd ~_~
ram: >2gb.. game!
vga: mid range card is 8600gt.... game - movie
speed: core 2 duo 1.6 or better

i think the most important thing is speed and the screen.
w the limit budget, u can think of HP and DEll or ASUS ( Asus sounds strange rite? infacts, it is only behind Sony in Asia)
my cousin just bought a dell inspirion 1420 for about 500 (200discount) fr bestbuy. i think that's good enough, 320gb, webcam.however, the screen is a bit too low to see thing clearly. since u have to use ur laptop quite often for ur college life, I strongly suggest a clear and bright screen.


one more thing, for college, dont choose a too big screen, since the larger screen, the less battery time, and the heavier!!!


DO REMEMBER: never go to circuitcity or bestbuy, frys, office depot unless they giving a sale.. If u like, i can show u how much more expensive those brand sell things... just GOOGLE for a better price!!! besides, i usu use the www.edealinfo.com or www.nextag.com to find deal on laptop.
ok, i've written too much. good luck on a good laptop n college life:D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptop for college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment