Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Laptop requirements for college students?




Mario


I'm currently a senior in high school and am looking at attending the Ohio State University or the University of Cincinnati. Do either of those schools have a laptop that you are required to have for classes? I'm going into the field of engineering, does that affect what kind I should have?

Thanks for your help!



Answer
Ok first most universitys don't require laptops but recommend them , and yes being an engineer your gonna want a system that can run auto cad and 3d modeling software so make sure your laptop has a good at least dual , if not quad core proccessor as it will help with rendering images quickly and make sure you have a dedicated graphics chip in it to also help render images the ati and nvidia mobility series should do just fine , and idk if they have them in laptops yet but something like the new ati fire pro cards in a laptop would be perfect as its designed for those sorta applications , so yeah look for 1 a good proccessor and 2 a dedicated graphics chip for good performance , and hell if you buy one that has that you could do some light gaming on it as well if you do that and have a bit of spare time evey now and then

Recommended PC laptop for college student?




PM Atheist


Hi. I'm a college student and I'm looking for a great laptop to help me out for school. I'm looking for something that will last and runs great. I always want to be able to run programs like Adobe Premiere and Photoshop on it, it's not in major, but I do do film. Anybody have any great recommendations? I'm looking to spend withing $1000 but not much more than that. I'm not looking for a Mac, nothing against Macs, there're great, it's just not what I'm looking for and they go beyond my price range anyways.


Answer
Im having the same issue and use similar softwares. Our computer guy is a massive fan of Lenovo and Asus, had nothing but good things to say about them and was really impressed by their machines. He recommended against Dell and said Toshibas depend, they can be a hit or miss. So I would look into those two brands and go from there. Look at the specifications for how much memory you want and other things. good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptop requirements for college students?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment