Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Good speakers for a laptop?




Simpsons l


Need some good speakers for my laptop. Debating between the Behringer MS16, KRK RP series (Rokit 5,6 or 8), or the Audioengine 2.


Answer
All of them are awesome. I personally own the AudioEngine A2s myself and I love them.

It all depends on your needs and wants...

I was actually looking at some Rokits before I got my AudioEngines, and I personally love their yellow drivers. They look amazing. =D

But anyways, if you want to monitor and mix then you should go for the Behringers or KRKs because they present a much flatter frequency response. If you want speakers for simply listening to music or watching movies, then the AudioEngines are a no brainer. The AudioEngines are not made to have a flat response, and therefore they tend to be a little more enjoyable to listen to. They would not be good for Monitoring or Mixing though, so thats the bad part about AudioEngine.


As far as the AudioEngine, that would be my recommendation if you aren't looking to do any monitoring or mixing. As far as adding a Sub, I would recommend that as well. The AudioEngine's produce very very very very clean bass, but only down to their somewhat limited low-end response. I just ordered a Boston sub to go along with them (Still waiting for it to be delivered) because I just want a little more kick. AudioEngine's S8 sub looks very nice, but I'm going to college and can't afford that price tag. I picked up the Boston Acoustics sub online for $150-ish.


Anyways, I would recommend any of those. Decide based on what you need to use them for. Good luck!

What should I pack for my trip to Boston?




LalalaBlon


I'm going to be a senior in high school and got into a summer program in Boston at a collage. The dorm has no air-conditioning so I will be buying a fan as soon as I get there! I'll be staying there for a little over two weeks in July so I'm guessing hot and humid? I'm from CA and really have no clue on what to bring or wear while I'm there. I want to look good and professional since I'll be working with collage professors but not really dressy as I'll be spending a lot of time having fun with my high school peers as well.
I'm a girl by the way.



Answer
In Boston, the weather in July is normally in the lower 80's so plan for the weather accordingly.

In college you don't have to be professional, even though you are interacting with college professors. If you want to look nice for the time you are working with professors then I would suggest wearing nice short sleeve blouses, nice pencil skirts, and heels or flats or nice summer dresses with a light weight cardigan and flats or heels. For the time you aren't "looking nice" you can wear whatever you normally do - summer dresses, skirts and tops, shorts and tanks, etc.

You will need shower supplies - shampoo and conditioner, soap/body wash, towels, wash cloths/loofahs. You may want to pack a shower caddy to transport your shower items from the room to the bathroom and shower shoes (old rubber flip flops will work as well) to wear in the showers.

You may want to take some things to keep yourself entertained while you are there. Bring your laptop and charger, your cell phone and charger, books or magazines, money for going out, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good speakers for a laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment