Monday, February 24, 2014

Choosing a laptop for college?




hitNrunn


I'm going to be going to college in the fall of 2013, and my parents want to give me a laptop for Christmas. I would like something that Microsoft office, or similar software. I also am big into music, movies, and some amateur photography and gaming. I need something with good hard drive space. My biggest concern is being able to update or replace parts so it isn't too slow in a year or two. I don't care if it's Mac or PC, but please be specific and/or include links. Thanks!


Answer
For a college undergraduate who is short on money, a budget laptop is a good buy. Some of the best budget laptops with reasonable prices those have discount for students but also it is important that they can run new applications.

Best laptop for a college student majoring in Health Administration?




Chris


All models are 2013's

15 Inch Macbook Pro
15 Inch Macbook Pro Retina Display
13 Inch Macbook Air
11 Inch Macbook Air



Answer
You don't need a Mac...

What type of work will you be doing. Air's don't have a lot of memory and if you are running big programs, I would highly avoid.

You can also just get a PC for a lot less? You just need a computer. If you can afford or willing to thrown down the big bucks for these mac, go ahead. Retina Display 15 inch is obviously the best one.

I have a Dell Laptop and a 15inch Macbook pro. The mac is obviously more ascetically pleasing and you don't run into problems with drivers, but I sort of regret buying it. Lots of programs I want or things I want to do would be a lot easier on a PC. You can always bootcamp it, but that requires you to partition the memory and once you do it, you can't change it. So if you didn't allocate enough memory to the windows portion, your pretty much screwed. Probably have to remove the whole thing and start from scratch.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Choosing a laptop for college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment