Wednesday, February 5, 2014

is this used laptop a good deal?




Billy


i need a small laptop for university in september, and to save money i thought used is the way to go.

could someone who knows about computers tell me if this is a good deal, and is worth gettting?

http://compreviews.about.com/od/ultraportables/fr/ASUS-U36SD-A1.htm

i managed to get the price down to $450 canadian.

it was release in august 2011.

thanks for any help guys.
its greatly appreciated.



Answer
It's an okay laptop. Good for a college student I think but I would make sure the person who you are going to get it from has it undamagedâit's not very durable.

Myself, I would look for an Apple because I have had one for 6 years and it still works perfectly... fast and even though I've dropped it so many times, that does not affect it at all. It is more expensive but I think it is worth it.

But it is your call.
The battery life is the problem, I would really consider having a charger with you at all times.

Best laptops for college?




soccerchic


I am going to college in fall of 2011 and i was wondering what the best laptops are for college students. Thanks


Answer
dont get a 17" screen to big for in class use. 15" is fine. get something with atleast 2.0Ghz processor dual core, 2 or more Gb of RAM. look at battery life cause its hard to find a plug in a class room full of students on computers. if you plan on playing newer games on it you want to make sure it has a dedicated memory graphics card but if not then dont worry about it.

dont get a Mac get a PC. if you plan on taking any computer courses Macs make it really difficult because the lesson are taght as though you have a PC. for example my prgramming teacher asked who had Mac and who had PC. 200 students had PC like 12 had Linux(which is also good) and 15 or so had Mac. for the Mac users he litterally said "you might be screwed, talk with my TA after class for direction on loading the program, hopefully it will work"




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is this used laptop a good deal?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment