Saturday, February 15, 2014

Laptop for engineering student?




Jony d fro


Doing mechanical next year and want a machine that'll last me about 4 years. Thinking of the next generation of macbooks, since I've been using macs all my life, but I'll pick anything good.
What do you guys think?



Answer
It will work well. I bought my Macbook in 2007 in highschool for college. I used it in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. I graduated. I waited 2 years. I went back for engineering in Grad school where I am now. I am still using the same Macbook from 2007 and it is still quick.

It boots up in 15 seconds and shits down in 5 seconds. However, after 6 years, my originally 5 hour battery now only lasts 2 hours.

Many of my classmates in school and my friends and gf used newer Macbook Pro's that they had for the past 3-4 years. They all work well too. Some of them had Windows installed via BootCamp and they had Solidworks and AutoCAD installed.

Best type of laptop for engineering student?




Emerson L.


I will be attending the University of Alabama this fall and I want to get a new laptop. I'm interested in chemical, mechanical and biomedical engineering, but I haven't decided on just one yet. I'm not looking to buy the best or most expensive laptop out there, just a good, reliable one for a college engineering student. Thanks!


Answer
how much are u willing to spend?

You should go with ASUS A55A-AH31. It is under $500,

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-A55A-AH31-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B009OV5150/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=informazcom-20

i3-3110M and 4gb ram so you can also play some games with it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptop for engineering student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment