Friday, February 21, 2014

Best laptop to buy for college?




Nahhh* ( ]


Needs to be light weight no more than an 16" screen, 6 lbs. I have to haul it around campus like many of you do. Looking at toshiba's. What kind do you have and what rating would you give it out of 5 stars?
Budget around $750

No acer, Mac. I would purchase a Hp, Dell and Toshiba which one is better?



Answer
Also consider Sager.
http://www.sagernotebook.com/
They're supposed to be top tier quality, but they're a smaller vendor so you probably wouldn't have heard of them unless you were looking for a gaming laptop (they specialize in that). They have a few models in your price range.

Of those three, it really doesn't matter. I've had trouble with all 3. Dell will ship you refurbished parts very quickly, assuming you're still in warranty. They also have the most advertised specials, so you should be able to find a decent one for your price. HP builds are a bit more solid, but they've got so many product lines to decipher. I primarily interact with their business class notebooks which are fairly nice. I like their 8 hour additional battery that you can use, then take off and still have the normal 6 cell. Toshiba I'm not too fond of. I know 2 people that had them, both had laptops that died. Perhaps their newer models are higher quality.

Laptops I would recommend an extended warranty on if the price isn't too bad.

I use a netbook on campus. All I do is take notes, then I use a desktop at home. My campus is so large that even my 6.5 lb laptop starts to feel heavy at the end of the day.

Laptop advice?




joe


Im in a 5 year engineering program for college, and a laptop is required. I dont think a new laptop will be good in 5 years so im buying a used one for the first few years.
MINIMUM requirements are 2gig ram, 2.0ghz processor and 60 gig hard drive. Those are the basics..
whats kind of prices should i be looking at for a used laptop that fit those criteria.
One laptop i was looking at is a dell d810 with 2.13 processor, 2 gig ram, 100 hard drive, new video card, new mouse, 2x batteries, 15.4 in screen for 710$. is this a good deal? and what should i be paying for those minimums? THANKS!



Answer
Let me start by saying that I would never buy a used computer,Lap top or PC.The main reason that lap tops have a short life (five years if you are lucky) is the heat,which is the worst enemy of any computer but more so for a lap top.You never know what is inside a used lap top.All you have is the word of the person selling it to you.You can put an extra $200 with that $710,and get a new one.The newer ones are a lot better and will last longer.I had my new PC built to my specifications.I had the Intel duel core (1.86 GHz) processor and a SEAGATE 250 GB Hard drive,more speed and storage than I will ever use.All the new machines come loaded with Windows Vista now.( I had Windows XP) installed in mine because it was built from scratch.Bottom line is $ 710 is way too much for a used machine.If you really want to get a used one,$300 is the most I would even consider paying.If you are willing to spend $700 for a used one,spend a little more,and get a new one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best laptop to buy for college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment