Monday, February 10, 2014

What will happen to the price of middle-of-the road laptops over the next five years?




Agent 007


I'm going off to the university in two years, and I will need a laptop with decent memory capacity. I can't decide if I should buy one now or wait until my freshman year in college, hoping for a price drop.

If I buy one now, the advantage is that I have been selected as the editor for my school newspaper, and the computer with help A LOT with that, seeing that opportunities to work on the paper at school are few and far between. If prices are projected to fall, then I will instead wait until 2011 and pocket the difference for expenses.



Answer
My sister bought a laptop a few years ago thats not even half as good as mine for two times the ammount of money too.

The price of laptops and all technology decreases over time. It all depends on your need of it. in 2011 there will be laptops that completely outmatch the laptops of today for generally the same price so any laptop you want today will be less in 2011. Computers in general are a universal peice of equipment in that they can be upgraded processor, ram, hard drive space. So it really just depends on your preference.

Personally I bought mine 6 months before I graduated so I could get everything I could possibly need on it before I started college and now dell has a better computer for the same price. I don't really regret my purchase because I know I'll buy another laptop in the future.

10 pts for Best Answer, New to College, What to Expect?




MommyToBe


So Im an Incoming College Freshman to a Community College(Did I mention im 4 moths prego) So I hope to get support because I know it will be tough but I know It'll be best for mine and my baby's future.
Anyways, I plan on Transferring to a 4-yr University to obtain a degree in Nursing and go further into the medical field. My question is im taking 17units this Semester before I have my baby(due Feb 12,2011) I'll be attending College with a Belly, What should I expect the first day? Also, Im not a very organized writer but I LOVE taking notes, since I tend to forget everything. Should I take a small laptop to class to type out my notes? Is that allowed? I think its a little more organized, also will it look dumb if I took a small laptop to class? Sorry for writing so much, Im telling you I Love typing :) Please Nice comments. Thanks.



Answer
Being a to-be-mom-going-to-college would be pretty different. College is exhausting and carrying a baby in school would be more effort for you, not only because you are pregnant, but for the fact that you are new to that school. In going to a University, you must expect that students at a University must have the highest degree of independence. It should be easy for you because I think carrying a baby would be a big sign of independence (your baby depends on you :D).

Carrying a laptop to class would be nice, if allowed by your Professor, and you shouldn't look dumb with that thing. A Nursing student must be costly, for you should buy 4 inch-4 pound books, uniforms, apparatus, etc. that is conducive to learning your course (with the addition you would continue to medicine).

You should also pick your peers wisely for it should have a great effect on you and your future.

Lastly, just be yourself. As always, study hard and be thankful of the things that is happening and to happen to you.

God Bless and Congratulations for you!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What will happen to the price of middle-of-the road laptops over the next five years?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment