Tuesday, February 18, 2014

10 pts for Best Answer, New to College, What to Expect?




MommyToBe


So Im an Incoming College Freshman to a Community College(Did I mention im 4 moths prego) So I hope to get support because I know it will be tough but I know It'll be best for mine and my baby's future.
Anyways, I plan on Transferring to a 4-yr University to obtain a degree in Nursing and go further into the medical field. My question is im taking 17units this Semester before I have my baby(due Feb 12,2011) I'll be attending College with a Belly, What should I expect the first day? Also, Im not a very organized writer but I LOVE taking notes, since I tend to forget everything. Should I take a small laptop to class to type out my notes? Is that allowed? I think its a little more organized, also will it look dumb if I took a small laptop to class? Sorry for writing so much, Im telling you I Love typing :) Please Nice comments. Thanks.



Answer
Being a to-be-mom-going-to-college would be pretty different. College is exhausting and carrying a baby in school would be more effort for you, not only because you are pregnant, but for the fact that you are new to that school. In going to a University, you must expect that students at a University must have the highest degree of independence. It should be easy for you because I think carrying a baby would be a big sign of independence (your baby depends on you :D).

Carrying a laptop to class would be nice, if allowed by your Professor, and you shouldn't look dumb with that thing. A Nursing student must be costly, for you should buy 4 inch-4 pound books, uniforms, apparatus, etc. that is conducive to learning your course (with the addition you would continue to medicine).

You should also pick your peers wisely for it should have a great effect on you and your future.

Lastly, just be yourself. As always, study hard and be thankful of the things that is happening and to happen to you.

God Bless and Congratulations for you!

Question about Macs and College?




Dan


I currently have a 2011 21.5 inch iMac that i use for video editing and music production that I will keep in my dorm in college. Yet, I need something to take to class to take notes, and other class stuff. I am an incoming freshman and I do not know if I should just buy an ipad 2 (with keyboard) as far as classwork or should i just buy a macbook or macbook pro.

Note: I am only going to do my video editing and music production on my iMac.
I WILL USE A KEYBOARD WITH THE IPAD IF NECESSARY !



Answer
As shiny and innovative as they are an iPads touch screen will never compare to the speed and feel of using a real keyboard to type. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt to get the laptop if you can afford it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 10 pts for Best Answer, New to College, What to Expect?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment