Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Would a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 work as a main laptop for a full college student?




Angel


Hello! I am a freshman in college and I am buying myself a new laptop to last the rest of college. With the introduction of Windows 8, I'm thinking of getting a touch screen laptop to "keep up with technology" and to work well with the Windows 8 which I heard is mainly meant for touch screens.

The laptop I have heard is the best for Windows 8 in general is the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13. This laptop looks really nice, but do you think it would be suitable as a 4-year "main computer" kind of laptop? Especially since I am thinking of majoring in computer science, do you think this laptop would work or would I need a more "hardy" laptop? If so, which would you recommend? Thank you!



Answer
I highly recommend it. You get both the functionality of a laptop AND tablet. For just sitting around and browsing, etc, tablet mode works for that. But for serious college work, then you convert to laptop. Touchscreen is where everything is going now. You don't want Windows 7 for that reason.

As one who has hardly touched my laptop since I got a tablet, you will enjoy having the functionality of both

When Windows 7 comes out should I upgrade my Lenovo T60 thinkpad or get a new laptop? I'm a college student.?




ben b


I've heard that Lenovo's have gone down in quality since they were bought by IBM but I love mine right now and would want similar laptop.


Answer
Actually Lenovos are one of the best business class laptops. Lenovo bought an IBM PC division, not the other way around. From Wikipedia "IBM became the owner of 18.9% of Lenovo in 2005 as part of Lenovo's acquisition of the IBM personal computing division. [7] Since then IBM has steadily lowered its shareholding in Lenovo. In July 2008 the IBM shareholding went below the 5% reporting disclosure threshold."

Anyhow, with Windows 7, not everything is compatible. I've been running Windows 7 (final release) and it's not fantastic. One or two programs had trouble installing (7zip). Check with the school, but I'd say get a Vista laptop now, get your free upgrade of Windows 7 but don't install it until you're sure it's compatible with what you need.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 work as a main laptop for a full college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment