Thursday, February 27, 2014

What are good laptops for college students majoring in engineering?




Little G


i will be going to college in the fall and majoring in aerospace engineering and i want to start looking into what laptop i want to get so please let me know some good laptops that i might want to consider buying.


Answer
What ever laptop computer you get make sure it's not got windows 8 installed on it, My advice is get a system with win 7 and download linux operating system you get all the professional software free including Libre Office, which is on par with ms office 2010 with all the same features and more besides, you get free professional CAD (Computer Aided Design) software

check out this Free Open Source Software website with over 40.000 professional software packages for the Free Open Source Operating Sytems
http://sourceforge.net

for the latest January 2013 free Open Source Operating Systems check out this website
http://distrowatch.com

Engineering major looking for laptop advice?




2QT 2B STR


I will be entering college in the fall and as a graduation/birthday gift, my dad is letting me get a laptop. I was wondering if anyone had any advice because I honestly don't even know where to begin. I am planning on majoring in mechanical engineering, and I would appreciate any advice anyone can give regarding brand (Acer vs dell vs hp?) or suggested memory or anything. Also, I'm not planning on dropping $2,000 on a laptop. I'd like to keep it under $1,000.
I'm looking at lenvo, asus, and toshiba at the moment. If anyone has a specific complaint on any of these brands, please let me know what it is.



Answer
I started college on January and im also planning in majoring in engineering field.. actually i really dont know yet but im thinking about electric or civil engineering.(wow im happy theres more girls these days interesting in engineering).. i bought this laptop that was 600 dlls well actually i pay 800.. everybody recommended and i bought the brand toshiba :)... they say it is a good brand.. Plus is very good for college students:)... HP is also a very good brand:)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are good laptops for college students majoring in engineering?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment