Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Good cheap laptop for college student under 500?




foreverpin


Hi! So i really need a laptop but im on a budget. Id like for it to have at least 4GB, 14 inch, something like intel core i3 and up, a webcam etc but under $500. I hear HP dandelion breeze and Dell 14' Inspiron N411Z are good. What do you think? Anyone tech savvy- please recommend any laptops for me and where I could probably buy them. Thanks!


Answer
I just got this one and I love it!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+14%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Matte+Pink/5732476.p?skuId=5732476&id=1218688220484#BVRRWidgetID

I got it in pink, but it also comes in lime green, and a blue that actually looks black. Its only $329.99 and it works great! I've been loving it so far! The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the speakers don't get too loud. It works really fast though and I love how cool it looks! Its also super light because it does not have a disc drive, but I got it in a bundle with an external one and a case! I barely use the disc drive so this works great for me!! Also the battery life is great it lasts for like 5/6 hours!!!
I used to buy more expensive laptops, but then I realized that even the expensive ones will break in a few years so why not buy a cheap one that gets the job done and then it wont be as big a deal when it breaks!
This one works just as good as my previous $600 laptop!!

Hope this helps!! :)

Best laptop for a college student under $500. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.?




Ori


I'm entering my second year of college and I need to get a new laptop before the semester starts. About a year and a half ago I bought my first laptop which is the one I used all last year (my first year of college). It's an Acer Aspire 5520. I really liked it at first and it worked perfectly. During my spring semester though it started acting really weird. The touch-pad wouldn't work, the whole bottom of the laptop would get really hot and it would crash several times a day. Sometimes it would just shut off as I was using it (I don't know if this is considered crashing).
Anyway, I can't deal with a laptop like this. I need to be sure that the laptop I have is reliable and will be working for me to be able to study and save files on it.
I don't play games on it. I just save documents. I have an iTunes and I occasionally watch movies and burn music.
Basically I need a computer that has a decent memory and will be reliable. Any advice?

I looked at Best Buy and here are a few I was looking at.
Sony VAIO
Dell Inspiron
Toshiba Satellite

I definitely don't want another Acer because I had such a bad experience with it. I don't even use it anymore because it just makes me really frustrated.
Also, any ideas on what I should do with my Acer?
Thank you so much!!



Answer
You could visit a site like Gazelle and see whether you could sell it to them, then use some of the money from the sale towards a new laptop.

Personally I think Sony VAIO are overpriced, but have had decent experiences with Dell and Toshiba, as well as Lenovo laptops.

You could try to find some good deals at the site below, there are frequently sales listed for laptops and other electronics.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good cheap laptop for college student under 500?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment