Tuesday, February 18, 2014

which is better a laptop or a desk top computer. I will be using the computer mainly for college purposes.?




denney





Answer
"What laptop should I get?" is a question asked on this section of yahoo answers about once every 20 minutes it seems especially now since it's back to school time. I know it's not your question but the first thing I always ask is "Do you really really really really really need a laptop?" If you absolutely need to have it in class or are going to be taking it on trips and NEED to be mobile then you need a laptop. However if you don't need it for a specific mobility reason (I'm on the road 1 of 5 days of the year) start looking to purchase a desktop or better yet if you have some computer experience and are the hands on type, build your own! They are less prone to a whole host of problems that laptops/notebooks are prone to. The parts are less expensive they're easier to fix yourself, there's more general support on forums and groups, and you can get yourself an incredibly powerful desktop along with a nice monitor for much less than $1000. Desktops are more easily upgradable and don't overheat or break as easily as laptops do. The fact of the matter is 1/4 to 1/5 of laptops no matter PC or MAC, dell or sony, imac or acer will have some type of major issue which means someone has to fix it. Since you'll void your warranty if you crack it open yourself it may mean possibly having to sending it away (in my experience up to a month)...and i know I can't hate being without my PC for that long.
Take a look at the following article about laptop reliability:
http://cybernetnews.com/2008/05/08/the-most-reliable-laptop-is/

If you're interested in putting a PC together try these two sites to get you started:
http://www.tomshardware.com
http://www.newegg.com

Good luck, have a blast at school!

HP PC for college, which one is better?




Marwa


HP PC for college, which one is better?
HP - Pavilion Laptop / AMD Turion⢠II Processor / 14.5" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive - Black Cherry
vs.
HP - Laptop / Intel® Pentium® Processor / 15.6" Display / 3GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive - Biscotti

additional info:
AMD Turion II dual core P520 Processor
vs.
T4500 dual processor



Answer
I'm back =)

I didn't realise that the first one was also a laptop, making me feel stupid for telling you to pick the laptop...

According to wiki they both run at 2.3 GHz, both have the same 2x1MB cache L2 cache... so

What about output ports? How many USB ports is important as after I put in my nano receiver for my mouse, my ipod and my external, I'm out of USB ports already. If you like playing movies from your laptop to your TV or monitor then a HDMI outlet would be nice.

But in the end, both solutions should be ok. The bottom one has a bigger monitor but the top one has 4GB RAM. I would personally go with the top one (AMD) as it has the extra RAM.

But before you decide take into consideration the USB ports and video out ports. Any any media card readers if you use a digital camera or anything that us SD cards.

Oh, and if either of them have discrete video cards that would be a huge bonus. But since you didn't list that I'll assume it's onboard video for both.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: which is better a laptop or a desk top computer. I will be using the computer mainly for college purposes.?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment