Thursday, February 27, 2014

What is the best laptop for me?




Alyssa Whi


I am saving up for a laptop, but I cant seem to find the right one for me.. any tips? If you know of a web sight that quizzes you or something that would be great.

But otherwise this is what I'm looking for
-Good batterie life
-Fast
-Web cam installed
-Thin
-Light
-Runs on windows (Either 7 or 8)
-On budget ( $200-$300 )
I



Answer
Windows 8 isn't as bad as everyone says, yes it runs smoother on tablets, but it is no where near the flop range of say "vista". I mean these are lower end computers, but they are what you get with what you pay with laptops. Laptops give you hardly any bang for your buck, and if you don't need to carry around the computer and will primarily use it in home I recommend getting a desktop.

Check amazon and put in your specifications, you won't find a lot, but a few may pop up.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-2000-2b09WM-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Winter/dp/B00A4TN97S/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365730916&sr=1-4&keywords=laptop

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=laptop&qid=1365730916&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Alaptop%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A2257853011%2Cp_72%3A1248880011&sort=popularity-rank

If you only have 200-300 dollars to spend and you need this laptop as a primary computer, I would just save up until I have around 600-800 dollars and purchase and old i3 or i5 with atleast a 1.7ghz processor, and at least 2gb of ram. May I ask how old are you? Because if you are just a teen, id wait to graduate and use graduation cash to buy a laptop for college, then again I feel desktops are better for college. I also don't see why thinness/weight should matter too much, just get a comp that can fit in the bag you carry. When on a budget "cute/sleekness" don't really matter.

But yeah if you want a decent laptop that lasts you will have to cough up a couple extra hundred dollars, just because laptops are quite expensive compared to their sexy desktop counter parts. Amazing how smaller parts and less power cost more just because it is mobile o.0. Just do research on computer forums.. I'd buy a comp from bestbuy. tigerdirect, newegg, or amazon is the best. Some sellers even have warranties.

TLDR, save up more, but don't listen to these crazy people telling you to spend over a grand on a laptop. Make sure you really need a laptop and that a desktop, notebook, or tablet couldn't fill in in its place. It doesn't matter if your computer is cute, it is about specs and quality. You don't need the best, you need what suits your needs. So goodluck saving :) ****hmm maybe the new cheap chromebooks would work for you.

College roommate problem?




John N.


I live in a triple with 2 of my other friends(Steven and Chris) that I've known for a year. Everything was going well the first few weeks of school, and then I started getting slightly annoyed at Chris. Whenever I'm on the computer or I'm watching Netflix, Chris walks over to me and he just sticks his entire head between me and my laptop, to see what I was doing. I assumed he was just playing around but it started getting annoying when he constantly asks "What are you watching?" or "What are you doing?" or "What's that?". I'm the kind of person that likes his own space and privacy most of the time because I'm usually quiet. Chris is also in my class, along with 2 of our other friends. We have weekly quizzes and during week 4, Chris sat on my right when we were taking our quizzes. I noticed in the corner of my eye that he was staring at my quiz(they're all the same questions in the same order), and then he turned his head to look at the quiz of the person on his right and then he started writing. I didn't really care because it was a quiz and he was smart, so he probably would've gotten the answer anyway. I brushed it off, but then for Quizzes 5,6,7, he was doing the same thing. He would tilt his head to both the left and right and just stare at what I wrote on my quiz, or what our other friend wrote and just start filling in stuff on his quiz. I stopped sitting next to him for Quiz 8, so I sat on the far left, while he sat 2 seats down to my right. And he just does it again and again and again for every quiz so far. He's smart; he's the kind of person that instantly understands the material and stuff, but something about him looking at people's quizzes bothered me. One day, I casually asked why he tilts his head to look at my quiz when he's already smart, and he says "I was just checking your answers. I already solved it, but I just wanted to make sure". I'm the kind of person that takes quizzes, exams, tests seriously in college, but he doesn't seem to care that he cheats all the time. We took our first midterm about 2 months ago, and a few days after we took it, all 4 of us were discussing answers and Chris was talking about the multiple choice questions and then he casually says "I got everything right for the fill in the blanks questions, and I just copied all of your multiple choice answers" to my friend who sat to his left. And then on the day of the 2nd midterm, we got to class and the professor was separating people and assigning them seats (one person sits in the front of class, then the next person in line sits in the back, and repeat) to prevent cheating. My friend Brad was first in line, followed by Chris, then myself, then my friend Jake. When Chris saw that our professor was assigning seats, he slowly stepped back, and told me to go in front of him. I didn't understand what he meant, but then he just shoved me to the front to take his spot in the line(I realized he just wanted to sit next to Brad in the front to copy off of his answers), and the professor looked at me suspiciously and told me to sit in the back. And then she assigns Chris to the front, and he sits next to Brad. I didn't care; I sat in the back like I was assigned to, and the professor didn't have a reason to accuse me of cheating when we haven't taken the test yet, but the fact that Chris did that was just unbelievable. Again, he's really smart; he gets A's on all the quizzes/midterms in the class. So during the 2nd midterm, I looked up and saw him sitting in the front with his hood over his head looking down on his paper, and then he shifts his head to look at Jake's midterm on the left(there were different forms, but had similar questions). We got our scores a few days later and he gets an A again and while Jake and I were discussing the multiple choice questions, Chris just says "I didn't know like half of the multiple choice, so I copied some of your answers, Jake". Jake doesn't seem to care that Chris copies off of him, but why do I care so much? Lots of people cheat in college but I guess I never really knew Chris was like this until I lived in the same room as him this year. He never seemed like the type to cheat, when I met him last year. And what bothers me the most is how he has no dignity whatsoever; how can someone cheat for every single quiz and midterm? He may be smart, but that's just unfair for people who study countless hours and end up getting either lower or the same score as him. And the thing is, he's lazy in class; he brings his iPod and just plays games during lectures. So I guess my question really is... What do I do about all of this? Do I just keep it to myself and shut up?


Answer
Woah! too long bro, i dont have that kind of attention span hahaha. But you are angry and ranting and I totally get that. I have some roommates that I absolutely loathe, but I have been able to coexist at least. The best way to address these problems is just to tell him about it. Make sure to be respectful and patient when talking about your problems to avoid making hard feelings, especially since your roommates are your friends. There's a chance it may continue to suck and you will just have to look forward to moving out :/ Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for me?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment