Saturday, February 15, 2014

Is this a good laptop for a college student?




Sansa


Any better recommendations?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10828934#ShortReviewTitleBar



Answer
Dells are good laptops, though I would recommend steering away from Wal-Mart. Their warranties are trash. You should go to the student section of Dell.com and purchase one there (link below). They offer special discounts for students, that is, anyone with a *.edu email account. This gives you the option to custom build your laptop, upgrading and downgrading where you see fit. For instance, you may not have a need for 4Gb of RAM if all you do is internet and word processing. But you may want a faster processor or video card if you run graphic intensive games and programs.

Good luck with your search. Office Depot has the best warranties that I have seen recently. And don't worry about whether Vista is 32- or 64-bit. This was only a big deal when Vista first came out because a lot of companies took forever to come out with necessary drivers so their products would work with Vista 64-bit.

What's the best Dell laptop for a college student?




gelstar91


Please help, I'm trying to get one for Christmas but I don't know. :/ and don't tell me another brand, Dell is the store my mom's friend owns and can hook me up cheap. I just don't know exactly what kind in details, can you help me out? nothing fancy, just a small one that can hold Microsoft Word and such. Thanks xx
I need to tlel him across the phone all the details so he can try and find one for me. all I know is i want a 10'' one but he needs me to be specific.
model



Answer
Configuration & Performance: Mine came with a Core 2 Duo, and 4 GB ram. Shipped with Windows 7 professional. So far Dell Latitude E5400 14.1" Laptop has handled whatever I've thrown at it quite well. I've tried a couple of videos on it, the speakers are alright. I've used it for running Visual Studio (2010) and Eclipse (Helios) and it's handled both really well. The boot up time feels a little high for the configuration, but it's not too bad...........




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is this a good laptop for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment