Friday, February 14, 2014

Laptop choice for student entering college?




jo_z_rox20


Next fall, (fall 2011) i will be entering college as a freshman, and i was wondering if anyone had a particular choice for a laptop computer that would be ideal for a student.
course, i'm going to be a student, so i;m nt looking to spend a lot of money either.
any suggestions?
thanks in advance!



Answer
don't do a dell they have bad customer service and quite a few of their 15's have fan issues after a few months (I replaced 3 fans before my dell died this last march, right before all my essays were being written) You're better off with a sony or toshiba (my friend has a toshiba and hasn't had an issue yet) plus they have better battery life then dell (by a mile, my 1525 got maybe 1 hour of battery off the cord) or if possible save up for a mac (you most likely could get by on library pc's till your able to afford a macbook at starting price of $999, I had too ;) ) It's worth it believe me!

What will happen to the price of middle-of-the road laptops over the next five years?




Agent 007


I'm going off to the university in two years, and I will need a laptop with decent memory capacity. I can't decide if I should buy one now or wait until my freshman year in college, hoping for a price drop.

If I buy one now, the advantage is that I have been selected as the editor for my school newspaper, and the computer with help A LOT with that, seeing that opportunities to work on the paper at school are few and far between. If prices are projected to fall, then I will instead wait until 2011 and pocket the difference for expenses.



Answer
My sister bought a laptop a few years ago thats not even half as good as mine for two times the ammount of money too.

The price of laptops and all technology decreases over time. It all depends on your need of it. in 2011 there will be laptops that completely outmatch the laptops of today for generally the same price so any laptop you want today will be less in 2011. Computers in general are a universal peice of equipment in that they can be upgraded processor, ram, hard drive space. So it really just depends on your preference.

Personally I bought mine 6 months before I graduated so I could get everything I could possibly need on it before I started college and now dell has a better computer for the same price. I don't really regret my purchase because I know I'll buy another laptop in the future.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptop choice for student entering college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment