Thursday, February 20, 2014

What would be a good laptop for a first year college student Mac or PC?




Forget wha


My sister is going to try college (She has Schizophrenia) I said I will get her a laptop. She likes math so wants to take math classes. However she will be taking comp and writing so she needs storage and word like programs. She also would like to keep her music on it. (Music from her CDs she does not create music.) Anyways I was wondering what kind I should get her? I've heard great things about Mac book pros but they are pricey and I'm not sure she needs that. It's not even 100% she will stay and finish college.
I would like to keep it under 800.00$ but I can pay up to 1000.00$ if it will be worth it.



Answer
Macs have a longer useful life than PCs. Do you know anyone who is happy using a 7-10 year old PC? It's not hard to find someone who is happy using a 7-10 Mac. Because of replacement and/or upgrading costs, PCs cost more than Macs. You can save money at the register by buying a PC or you can save money over the lifetime of the computer by buying a Mac. The choice is yours.

And a bit off topic:

Let's take up a collection and buy Ghoul808 a clue. He says:

"i would recommend PC because MAC is loaded with unneeded graphics for the menu and other pointless things. and PC already has word in it, plus i bet your sister was expecting a PC. You would probably surprise her by getting a MAC. (not a good surprise lol.)"

Windows is also loaded with graphics. They are both GRAPHICAL user interfaces. Yes. Buy a PC and it comes with a 30 day free trial of Word. If your sister can finish college in 30 days ....."

What is the best laptop computer (Mac or PC) for college students?




tizphilly


I just want the best computer you think will work. I am a big fan of movies, so I need something that will be good for that, and I want something fast. I have heard good things about dells and the mac pro. I do not care about price, just the best one you think would work.


Answer
Mac ... all the way. Read about how cool they are on www.apple.com or go to an Apple store and talk to a sales rep or talk to anybody who owns one! You never hear anyone gripe about their Mac, but you always hear people griping about their PCs. Macs are the best computers ever! They are very reliable and very fast. If you want to make movies, Macs are definitely the way to go. If you just want to watch movies, you can do that on a Mac as well and they even come with a remote control so you can be across the room and control your music, photos, movies, etc...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What would be a good laptop for a first year college student Mac or PC?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment