Saturday, February 8, 2014

When is a good time to buy a macbook?




psycjguy


I am in the market for a new laptop. My schooling does not start until August 2011 so I have plenty of time before I need the laptop. I was wondering if the Macbooks would go on sale between now and August. I know they rarely go on sale, but I have seen deals such as a free iPod with the purchase of the computer. That would be pretty cool. (this is not a Mac vs Windows question so try to stick to the question at hand.)
Thanks!



Answer
You should wait until the end of july. They might have some sort of college student special. If by the end of July you do not see anything, just buy it at regular price. I love Macs but I have to say they are not worth their price. You can find computers much cheaper with better performance at amazon.com. Also check amazon's prices on macbooks. Hope I helped.

What school would you recommend I try to get into for film and business?




Carly C


I had some pretty terrible grades in high school. I just graduated, and my GPA came to about a 2.0, which is very lame. I got a 24 on my ACT (which is equivalent to a 1650 on the SAT), which is decent but not fantastic.

However, in high school, I was involved in a good deal of extra curricular activities, including being Vice President at my school's business club. I'm also rather good at networking, clever and creative. I'm going to purchase a pretty good quality camcorder and a laptop with which to edit videos so I can start building a portfolio and possibly recording events like weddings for some cash.

Right now, I'm attending a community college to get my Associate of Arts and I intend on getting nothing less but straight A's. I know I messed up in high school, but I'm determined like no one else to make up for it.

With all that being said, once I get my Associates in 2011, what schools should I try applying at for a double major in business/film? Or is there another course of action I should try?



Answer
If your gpa was at least a 3.4, I would reccomend USC or NYU's Tisch school.. those are both top schools for what you would like to pursue, and the contacts you will have once leaving either of those institutions would be phenomenal. I'm gla you are going to a community college right now. Work on your grades, and based on what you wrote, I can see that you are nothing but determined, which is great. Once you get that GPA up, probably see if you can score some sort of internship which would make you a stand-out applicant... then reapply to the schools I mentioned.. as well as some state schools (since they tend to like students who are applying from community colleges -- it shows growth and progression)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: When is a good time to buy a macbook?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment