Monday, February 17, 2014

Laptop without Windows 8?







I'm getting a new laptop for college and I'm switching from a Mac laptop. My mac is pretty old and I don't like macs anyway, but I wasn't going to refuse a free laptop from my dad, so I used it. Since I used a Mac, I'm not too familiar with what laptops are good to get. I might want a gaming laptop since I like to play games, and the Mac was useless in that department. But the most important thing is that I hate Windows 8. I've used it before on a friends computer and I can't stand they layout. Are there any non-mac laptops that don't use this or are able to downgrade to Windows 7?

Sorry if I don't know too much about these computers, it's why I'm asking.



Answer
I guess you don't like the start screen but that's extremely easy to fix. Get a Windows 8 computer then drop in a start menu replacement.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/708472-list-start-menu-replacements-windows-8-a.html

There are tons of free options that hide the start screen and let you boot right to the desktop where you'll have a start button and a familiar start menu. You'll never have to deal with the start screen at all.

- Dominic

Should I get Windows 8 for college? Why or why not?







I need to buy my first laptop this summer so I can go to college in the fall. Most of the market is filled with new touchscreen windows 8 laptops, but I can still get a hold of some older windows 7 devices. What do you recommend and WHY? Please be specific.


Answer
If you purchase a laptop with Windows 8 get it with a touch screen since W8 was designed to used with a touch screen. It will take you some time to learn Windows 8 but it also has a desk top mode.
I prefer Windows 7 and all prior versions of Windows to W8 personally.
A new laptop comes with a trial version of MS Office after that 30 day trial you will have to purchase the software, by and install it from a new boxed install so you have the installation disc.

Toshiba and Dell make excellent laptops.
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/home.to?utm_expid=1188295-3

Dell at http://www.dell.com

Essential guide to W8 http://onsoftware.en.softonic.com/essential-guide-to-windows-8

How to navigate Windows 8 with the mouse and keyboard http://pureinfotech.com/2012/03/19/navigate-windows-8-mouse-keyboard-part-1/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptop without Windows 8?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment