Sunday, February 16, 2014

What is the best laptop for a film student?




lespitefir


I'm really looking at either a Dell (probably XPS series?) or a MacBook Pro. My film school mostly uses AVID, but there's nothing wrong with using Final Cut Pro/learning it for future use. However, I'm not incredibly familiar with Macs. Is it hard switching over from a PC to a Mac? Would a Dell work better?

Other brand recommendations are okay, too.
Okay, I'm looking at a Dell XPS M1530, HP dv4t/5t, or MacBook Pro. Will customize & upgrade. What's the best? :x



Answer
ok im no expert with computers or anything, much less with film...but i have recenlty switched from pc to mac and i love it. after a while you get used to the mac and all the programs, for me are easier to use and stuff. now that i use a pc its kind of weird cuz it doenst seem as easy to use as my mac.. if i were u i would go with the mac... hope i was somewhat helpful haha

I am going to be a film student in college. What kind of laptop should I get?




Amy


Hey everyone. I'm going into film school and I am trying to pick out a laptop that would suit my artistic needs (making my own movies on the computer, editing photos, mixing music, typical artsy stuff) and that I can use for school assignments. Of course I want it to be reliable and hardy. I don't really know a lot about computers sooooo maybe I could get some help?? I am leaning towards Apple stuff because I really like their products (don't we all..?) and I was taking a look at the MacBook Pro.

Any suggestions or advice, please??

Thanks so much (:



Answer
I am an Apple hater, so I will admit there is some bias here, but my advice in sincere. If you have used Apple video editing / multimedia software before and you love it, then by all means take a look at MBP's. If you have not yet committed yourself, consider a PC laptop. You will get everything you need, I guarantee it. There is blatantly inferior hardware in Apple products compared to price equivalent PC's, the only reason people buy macs at all is because "emergerd Apple" and some people like the iOS better and like the software better, but even then there are equally great Windows software.

Choice is yours mate, ask some of your film makers friends and they might swing more towards a mac, but from a hardware/value standpoint macs are pretty paperweights.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for a film student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment