Thursday, February 27, 2014

Do federal loans immediately go towards your tuition, or can you use the loan for a laptop instead?




Daniel Oga


I want to buy a laptop for college (not 2012, but 2013 (I'm planning a year early), and I don't know if I will have to use the federal loan for tuition or if I can use it for a laptop instead and just have the college I go to put more private loans into my financial package for college so I won't have to pull out a private loan myself.

Also, can I receive a federal loan after my financial package for college is already put together? I'm afraid of private loans since they lead to massive debt.
Okay you idiots, I am trying to get a job, but I don't have transportation, the bus system is crap, and there are no job openings in urban California, especially not for teenagers. So please stop with the "just get a job" crap because there are no jobs that I can get. I'm going to have to wait until college before I can get an on-campus job. There's a reason why college graduates aren't able to get jobs anymore, and it's because there are no jobs. We're not living in 2006 anymore where everything is lovely and jobs are reqdily available due to a booming economy.



Answer
Also schools do not add private loans to your financial aid package. You must apply for them all by yourself and must have a credit worthy cosigner. Federal loans are the majority of financial aid packages for most students.

Do not plan on using student loan money for a laptop. Get a job now and start saving and you'll have more than enough for a laptop by the end of this school year.

MacBook Air. College student. Refurbished. Help please?




GabbyCiera


Is there a big difference between the MacBook Air 2011 and the one from 2012. I need a new laptop, I'm a college student and I refuse to buy any other product besides Apple because my other products by them have longevity. I'm getting a refurbished one from Apple, is it a good idea to get a refurbished one? I need to save money being that I am a college student. Plus I believe I get an educational discount or I can get a military one because my dad is retired military.


Answer
Longevity?

I have never had to throw out any PC for any other reason than having to eventually upgrade.

Apple stuff is not immune to that! Note how Apple fans throw out their iProducts as soon as a new version is released every year or two.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do federal loans immediately go towards your tuition, or can you use the loan for a laptop instead?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment